This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Optimizing KH:BBS
psp 
Hello guys, I'm currently attempting to optimize Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep. I have the game running however, I'm having some crazy performance and graphical issues.

I'll start with my PC specs and configuration settings.
AMD FX - Four Core 3.6Ghz
Nvidia 550 TI
8G DDR3
Windows 7 x64 bit

Configuration Boxes Checked:
General Tab: Unpack PBP when loading, Save window positions on exit
Video Tab: Only GE, Use Vertex, Use Shaders, Use a Geometry, Enable VAO, Enable saving GE, Enable decoding of indexed textures.
Memory: Ignore invalid memory access
Media: Use Media Engine, Extract media files to tmp folder, Decode audio files with sonicstage
Compiler: Use compiler, 3000

The game runs at a capped 30FPS while sitting idle but once I start moving around I get some weird frame dips. The dips aren't long but for a split second causing lag.

I'm going to add a picture to the post that shows a few things.
1. Notice the holes in Ventas model (His head)
2. Notice the black shadowy areas around the chains and Ventas
3. Notice the huge line to Ventas' left (there is one on each side of my character that follows it around.)

All help is much appreciated and if you stayed to read the whole thing. You're a trooper and the gaming community thanks you!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Update: I've gotten a lot better performance with these settings but it's still not perfect.

Video: Nothing
Audio: Nothing
Memory: Ignore Invalid Memory Access
Media: Use Media Engine, Decode Audio Files with SonicStage
Compiler: Use Compiler, 50
Crypto: Extract decrypted EBOOT.BIN files to the TMP folder

(09-30-2012, 04:10 PM)Bwinkler1692 Wrote: Update: I've gotten a lot better performance with these settings but it's still not perfect.

Video: Nothing
Audio: Nothing
Memory: Ignore Invalid Memory Access
Media: Use Media Engine, Decode Audio Files with SonicStage
Compiler: Use Compiler, 50
Crypto: Extract decrypted EBOOT.BIN files to the TMP folder

Should have did more testing before posting those settings.
As much as they helped improve performance it's unplayable in combat. The lag is too great.

hello there, what version of KH BBS are you playing??
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=85096
i've just created a thread for the EU version & yes there are graphical, textures, & lighting problem..
the lag is still there but i can still fight in combat although it slows down if there are many unversed in the area..

BTW, i think there are threads also for the US & JAP versions try the settings they used there..

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.93Ghz
VIDCARD: GeForce 7500 GT
RAM: 2GB
JAVA: 6_38 & 7 (both installed but only 7 is enabled)
JPCSP: Rev. 2968