This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Massive Slowdown after install java 64 bit
my laptop used to run k-on psp game at 30fps (max speed for it) with jpcsp 32bit, but after install java 64, seeing that jpcsp 64 bit run slower than 32bit version, i back with jpcsp 32bit, but for some reason, the game now run only at 15 fps, and every other game i tried only run half as fast as it used to be.
the 64bit version run at 27 fps but it sudden drop to 22 about every 5 second with the same setting as the 32bit one. i have tried uninstall both java 32 bit and 64bit and reinstall java 32bit but the problem still there.

my laptop spec

intel i3 2330M, 2.2 Ghz
ATI radeon 6470M
4GB Ram
Yeah, the problem is the ATI video card and the somehow GHz of the CPU.

I own an AMD A8-3510mx APU with Radeon 6620g and i get same speed as you. Also, i use Java 7 since i notice it is faster than Java 6, at least for me under JPCSP.

I have read on some user post that JAVA have a some kind of cache and if you run an application (In this case, games) over and over JAVA will get used to it and will work best. If this is true, i can imagine that happen to you since your update; however, i dont know much of JAVA so still with my 1st premise where ATI is the responsable.
[Image: montcer.png]
now the emulator is in mood swing. it can get as high as 20fps and as low as 7 fps on THE SAME PLACE IN THE GAME!!! it seem that i need luck to run jpcsp at high fps now.

it like this:

run jpcsp -> low fps -> close and run jpcsp again-> low fps -> close and run jpcsp again -> high fps -> play until i feel like i want to stop -> close jpcsp -> run jpcsp -> low fps -> close and run jpcsp again -> high fps.

any explanation?
(09-26-2012, 01:52 AM)Pointman Wrote: now the emulator is in mood swing. it can get as high as 20fps and as low as 7 fps on THE SAME PLACE IN THE GAME!!! it seem that i need luck to run jpcsp at high fps now.

it like this:

run jpcsp -> low fps -> close and run jpcsp again-> low fps -> close and run jpcsp again -> high fps -> play until i feel like i want to stop -> close jpcsp -> run jpcsp -> low fps -> close and run jpcsp again -> high fps.

any explanation?

it might be your CPU or video card are stuck in idle or sleep mode, usually unless there is high demand for the cpu turbo boost or EIST won't clock up the Ghz, you could try to set windows to make the cpu in full power mode.
Windows way to disable EIST
Control Panel -> Power Options -> click Change plan settings -> Change advanced power settings -> Proccessor power management -> Minimum proccessor state (set this to 100%) click ok or apply
or you can go into the system's bios to disable EIST / C States , though I don't recommend messing with the bios unless you are experienced with the settings..

I like the windows way since you can re-enable it when you are done running a program to get power savings and heat reduction.

Remember to set this back to 0~5% when done, its probably not harmful running at full speed (a lot of overclockers disable EIST or other power saving states for OC stability) but it will consume more power and cause more heat then normal Smile.
^
Really thank you! not only did it fix the slowdown, but the speed also skyrocketed too!! Really really thank you!!