This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SSE what?
So, you require a CPU with SSE to run JPSCP. Fine, it seems I can do that according to CPU-Z. However, I am completely unable or too stupid enough to determine what version of SSE I am able to run. I googled on my CPU name (Intel Pentium SU4100) but I get no results on the official Intel page about SSE. CPU-Z is equally confusing in that it writes this in brackets after SSE: 1, 2, 3, 3s.

My understanding is that the higher version of SSE you have, the better JPSCP will run which of course makes perfect sense seeing newer is always better when it comes to hardware. Basically, just stumped over seeing some person getting 30 FPS with Fraps on and I can barely get 15 if I am lucky but usually I hover between 5-9. If I could get constant 15 suddenly it becomes quite playable albeit still laggy.

So could some smart person explain the deal with SSE and JPSCP to me?
Your CPU is a low power one used in laptops and netbooks. It's efficient but not powerful. It runs at 1.3GHz when others run at 3GHz... You won't run games full speed with it !
(09-05-2011, 05:08 AM)Orphis Wrote: Your CPU is a low power one used in laptops and netbooks. It's efficient but not powerful. It runs at 1.3GHz when others run at 3GHz... You won't run games full speed with it !

I know that. I am waiting for a new motherboard for my stationary. Still curious what SSE I run and how versions affect JPCSP though.