This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jpcsp movie playback - Intresting find for movie flickering (NVIDIA)
I was bored so I ended up fooling with nvidia control panel and discovered a setting under vsync called adaptive, so I set it to half (my refresh is 60/59hz so half would be 30 (30fps), I assume for this to work for other people they would also need to set 60hz refresh for their monitor to get the 30fps cap (this shouldn't be an issue with modern LCD/LED monitors)

And I found that this solved many movie flickering and audio dysync problems that plagued some movies under jpcsp (so far I have tested in "last ranker" (now the movie has no flickering at all, used to be completely unwatchable due to sever flicker), Final Fantasy 2 intro movie flicker gone, Final Fantasy 3 intro movie flicker gone) , I will try to test more but I need to remember what other game movies flickered)

so far this trick only seems to work on games that show FPS in the Jpcsp title-bar movies that show fps 0 don't seem to work for some reason (like final fantasy tactics, star ocean)...

anyways I thought it was worth mentioning, maybe jpcsp needs an internal fps limiter for the movie playback (I also tried the internal jpcsp frame limiter and it seems to have no effect on movies.)
as far as I know this adaptive vsync is only found on nvidia cards, but if ati has a similar option try it out.

quick movie demostration
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtrjyb_flicker

Messages In This Thread
Jpcsp movie playback - Intresting find for movie flickering (NVIDIA) - by hyakki - 09-21-2012, 10:01 AM