This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JPCSP extremely slow?
I have only computers available with ATI graphics card. Buggy shaders would be the problem - the emulator is not working at all on two of the computers. JAVA seems to be the problem. The emulator starts but as soon as I click on an UMD in the viewer it simply does nothing.

I'll look at the error messages and will post it here soon.

I have several versions of Ultimate Ghosts'n'Goblins, one encrypted and one decrypted. But it seems it would be better to play it on my PSP at the moment. My plans were to add it to my arcade cabinet...
How can I copy/paste messages from the JAVA console? Or is the log saved somewhere? I would like to post the error messages.

The 64bit version does not load UMDs at all (error messages like "not found" or so - I'll post as soon as I know how to copy the messages).

The 32bit version crashes right after an UMD is double clicked in the UMD loading dialog (the dialog disappears after double clicking the UMD and then the emulator crashes).
(09-06-2011, 08:51 AM)Clark Kent Wrote: How can I copy/paste messages from the JAVA console? Or is the log saved somewhere? I would like to post the error messages.

The 64bit version does not load UMDs at all (error messages like "not found" or so - I'll post as soon as I know how to copy the messages).

The 32bit version crashes right after an UMD is double clicked in the UMD loading dialog (the dialog disappears after double clicking the UMD and then the emulator crashes).

If you're getting the Java output into a CMD window, you can right-click the CMD window's title bar, go to "Properties" and in the "Options" tab check the "Quick Edit" option.
This allows you to select text with left mouse button and then use CTRL+C to copy it easily. Wink
Here are the error messages in JAVA console as soon as I want to open an UMD:

Running Jpcsp 64bit...
Exception in thread "GUI" java.lang.NullPointerException
at jpcsp.GUI.UmdBrowser$MemStickTableModel.getValueAt(UmdBrowser.java:20
0)
at javax.swing.JTable.getValueAt(Unknown Source)
at jpcsp.GUI.UmdBrowser.<init>(UmdBrowser.java:317)
at jpcsp.MainGUI.openUmdActionPerformed(MainGUI.java:1338)
at jpcsp.MainGUI.access$400(MainGUI.java:114)
at jpcsp.MainGUI$5.actionPerformed(MainGUI.java:363)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(Unknown
Source)
at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown
Source)
Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

When using the 32bit version of JPCSP as soon as I select "open umd" it crashes at once without any error messages...
Code:

Hmm...
Looks like Java is indeed the problem. It's not being able to execute the JTable methods properly.
Have you tried a clean reinstall of the latest Java SE? Also, try testing both Java 6 and Java 7, but be sure to remove all previously installed versions of Java.
(09-17-2011, 09:03 AM)Clark Kent Wrote: Here are the error messages in JAVA console as soon as I want to open an UMD:

Running Jpcsp 64bit...
0)
This is probably because you have defined an incorrect value for "UMD path folder" in your configuration options. The "UMD path folder" has to point to a directory, not to a single file.
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(09-17-2011, 03:46 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(09-17-2011, 09:03 AM)Clark Kent Wrote: Here are the error messages in JAVA console as soon as I want to open an UMD:

Running Jpcsp 64bit...
0)
This is probably because you have defined an incorrect value for "UMD path folder" in your configuration options. The "UMD path folder" has to point to a directory, not to a single file.

Ah yes. And that may also happen if JPCSP is being run in a folder placed very deeply in your file system (specially if the parent folders have several odd characters).
Weird. But I'll test that. I knew JAVA is a not very well design software...
Unfortunately JPCSP is still not running correctly. I can not load any UMD with the 64bit version (and I copied some games to the JPCSP directory). The 32bit version crashes as soon as I start a game (I can load the UMD but not start it).

Is it possible to remove this crappy JAVA thing and make the emulator Windows native?
Yes it is possible. Why don't you give it a shot?