This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kingdom Hearts BBS FM weird graphic card behaviour/bug
Update: The shadow problem got kind of fixed. What I did, weird but it worked. First UPDATE your Nvidia drivers to the latest release (306.23) Then start the game and load a place that has a bad issue with shadows. Go to settings and enable Ignore unmapped reports and apply it on the fly (don't restart JPCSP). Then Enable Shaders and Enable decoding of textures with CLUT and apply the changes on the fly again without restarting JPCSP. It will result in a mess but previously decoded textures will get flushed from memmory for good. Then, when still running JPCSP, disable CLUT decoding and shaders again on the fly, this will result into screen stall and some crazy artifacts, that's ok, press OK and TERMINATE the jpcsp process using Ctrl+Alt+Del. Restart JPCSP and the problem is history OR UNTIL you change settings again, but you can do the trick again. I found out that the CLUT decoding fixes that issue on the screenshot with Aqua's face but kills alot of other textures making it look worse. Unfortunatelly I found nothing about the posterized Textures so far, nothing at all seems to fix it, not even software renderer.

I feel like gid15 did something on the latest SVNs that affected this issue, it's still present but before I couldnt do what I just did with this trick, trust me, I tried it back then too since I felt it was an incorrectly decoded texture. I hope this trick will help narrowing down the issue, I will be here for any help I can offer.
Ok I think I found out what it is. Looks like Nvidia gives no automatic backwards compatibility with any OpenGL 3.X APIs on their current generation cards that use OpenGL 4.2 and they don't seem to have plans on doing that, meaning that after a point all current generation cards of Nvidia except the ones with OpenGL 4.3 will run into problems like this unless they run super old drivers for them which half of them don't exist either way or JPCSP will focus on newer OpenGL implementations and their bugfixing. I'm pretty sure though you can "force" an application run with an older implementation since they say that they include all of them in their drivers but I don't seem to be able to spot a way how to do that. Any ideas?
There are some opengl options under NVIDIA Inspector , but I don't know of anyway to force any opengl version, I think RiviaTuner and nHancer used to have an OpenGL report option but I really dunno if these programs still work with modern drivers / cards, nhancer hasn't been updated since 2010 and most functions have been replaced by nvidia inspector, Riviatuner is also outdated.
(even if these programs do still work I doubt they will have opengl 4 support.)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yeah, tried nhancer and it seems that it isn't able at all to detect a device that has more than one GPUS on the system and RiviaTuner isn't compatible with x64 (it appears that it works but you can't modify nothing useful).
Nvidia inspector on the other side seems that it works pretty nice and it recognizes perfectly my card but I'm unable to understand what each setting does what or I do get what it does and I doubt it will affect/solve my problem. What I worry the most is that more and more cards move to OpenGL 4.2 which means that pretty soon there will be dozens of issues like that which will make Nvidia cards a bad option for JPCSP.