This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need jcpsp headstart
Hopefully this is the right place to post this.

I'm seeking help with JCPSP. I can't seem to get any games to work at all (except final fantasy 1 with no sound)

My computer specs:

processor: amd athlon 2 quadcore 3.20 GHz
Ram: 6 GB
Graphics: AMD Radeon 6570

I just need someone to throw me in the right direction. I've used the latest version of the emulator, have Java installed, and used recommended settings from the list of working games on this forum. The games I've tried are final fantasy 1 (works but no music), final fantasy 4 (black screen game doesnt start), final fantasy dissidia (runs slow with graphic issues).
I just wanna get final fantasy 1, final fantasy 4, final fantasy tactics, and megaman maverick hunter x to work at least.
Am I missing a step to getting games to work? I just use recommended settings, an start up the game. It just seems impossible to get anything fully working on this emulator, not even for an old an low graphical game such as final fantasy 1.
Any help will be appreciated
latest version of the emulator as in release or latest svn , have you tried software mode on these games?

I doubt you will get final fantasy 4 working without modification (or use an older revision), check the game thread for more info on what to modify, since you have a ATI card i'm not sure if that will work since it has buggy opengl/shader support and it requires stencil test for the dialog text, final fantasy tactics worked last time I tested but it has some audio problems mainly on the videos and requires a strong PC ..

as for final fantasy 1, did you install sonic stage for audio support and enable the media engine?
Thanks for the help ^_^
I'll try again sometime, might be hopeless though since Im using ATI. An I used the latest build, downloaded from EmuCR, but that was like 5 months back. Kingdom hearts birth by sleep worked fine in the beginning. final fantasy 4 started, but once I chose a new game thats when I had a black screen.
I just wanted these games to work, so I can play them from my comp instead of on my psp. Not sure what you mean by software mode.
To me jcpsp seems to be a hit or miss emulator, its either gonna work for ppl, or its not. Most difficult emulator I've ever used
I wouldn't recommend emucr builds get the official builds here
http://buildbot.orphis.net/jpcsp/