This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help configuring jpscp to pergorm better on laptop.
(08-17-2012, 07:58 PM)thegameksk Wrote: I am looking at buying a new laptop (desktop replacement laptop).
I didn't understand the point; a laptop to replace a laptop?

Also, the specs you will look for depends on how much money do you wanna spend.

I own an HP pavilion dv6 that cost me 600$ past december 2011. It comes with:
AMD A8-3510mx APU with Radeon 6620g (512mb dedicated)
8GB RAM 1333MHz

With that laptop i am able to run TES-Skyrim on high settings (1366*768) without lag. Games that use frostbite 2 like Battlefield 3 and NFS The Run also run without lag on high. At maximum they lag but i cant complain cause the performance is very good on PC games. As i say, PC games.

Unfortinelly, ATI video cards does not work properly with JPCSP so the performance i got on PC games is lost on JPCSP. The important point to work with JPCSP is a decent modern CPU with a NVIDIA video card.

Also i have some problems on PCSX2; besides the A8-3510mx is a quad core CPU the maximum speed for each core is 2500MHz and PCSX2 is does not take much advantage of that. The important point on PCSX2 is the CPU speed being 3000 MHz the recommended speed.

So, taking notice of all that information, you may want look for a laptop with an Intel CPU like i5 that can get the 3000 MHz with a NVIDIA video card. That will be an average computer. If you want spend much more money cause you want a laptop that runs everything you put there look for a Intel i7 extreme with an NVIDIA video card.

If you just want PC gaming then AMD APU's A10 are a good idea too cause clock speed can get more than 3000 MHz and the video card is a Radeon 7660; price/performance will be very nice.
[Image: montcer.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help configuring jpscp to pergorm better on laptop. - by montcer9012 - 08-17-2012, 08:22 PM