This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The 3rd Birthday - ULES01513
Am I the only one that during the game gets the Emu randomly crashing with the message "out of memory error" when using (enabling) the vertex cache option?
If there's no workaround it would be a "shame", because on my system (Ati hd4850 - intel e8400 3ghz - WinXP 32 bit - jpcsp r2740) with that option enabled I could play this game at 28-30 fps, while without it it plays "only" at 21-22 - and furthermore without the vertex cache I have to enable the option "Disable optimized Vertexinfo reading" otherwise the emu crashes at desktop with an Ati dll error).
For now I think the only solution would be to wait for a revision fix or to upgrade to a better PC in order to get full 30 fps even without the vertex cache...anyone has some suggestions here?
Thanks
This is the complete command error log:

Running jpcsp 32 bit...
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
Exception in thread "GUI" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
at java.lang.Thread.start0<Native Method>
at java.lang.Thread.start<Unknown Source>
at java.lang.awt.EventQueue.initDispatchThread<Unknown Source>
at java.lang.awt.EventDispatchThread.run<Unknown Source>
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
How much RAM do you have? Maybe if you increase the Java Heap you could solve this.
[Image: montcer.png]
Thanks for the answer and I hope that I don't speak too early, but I think I solved the problem by myself installing Java 7.0_07-b11 (until now I have used java 6.0_35-b10).
Using java 6.0_35-b10 during the tutorial when I reched the barricades the game always crashed with that OutofMemory error; using Java 7.0_07-b11 instead after some tests seems to not crash anymore (there's a price though, now the frame rate is no more almost 30 fps but 26-27, problably this new version of java is stabler but slower?).
Gonna see in the next days if the problem is really solved...

P.S. I have 2 mb DDR2 RAM...eventually how/where could I increase this Jave Heap?
I agree with you that Java 6 was the source of the problem because i remember that when i use it a lot of games crash with the same error you got; since i got Java 7 the problem with JPCSP becomes stability issues that some day will be fixed.

About the Java Heap, you could modify this on the .bat file locating this line:
Quote:"%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java" -Xmx1024m -Xss2m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=64m -Djava.library.path=lib/windows-amd64 -jar bin/jpcsp.jar %*
And then increase the -Xmx value; since you only gave 2Gb RAM is kind of hard increase that size because Windows needs RAM for the proccess working on the background. Also, you could use JPCSP Launcher and modify it on the main windows.

However, i am pretty sure that Java 7 won't give you the same error; in case it did, you know what to do.
this game in my case is playable with a few screen bugs and ocassionally little slowdowns (cause of my i3), but the 2x and 3x resize, and fullscreen when i pause the game the graphics lose a lot of quality and the image gets smaller (like playing with fullscreen and the saving Ge to texture disabled), i think maybe its a bug related to the enabling saving GE to texture option, it´s a shame...with this option fixed, the game would be fully playable on high resolutions (not 100% perfect but really close to the psp experience).

CLUT improves speed to fullspeed but the textures look pixelated (i think this is already reported)

i upload the log and the video related to that bug Smile

Attached Files
.txt   log.txt (Size: 68.39 KB / Downloads: 55)
this is my config to obtain really good speed, maybe useful in the usa and jap version too.

my pc specs:
Processor: Intel core i3 530, oc 3.608 Ghz (core i series first gen)
mobo : Gigabyte h55m s2h
RAM : DDR3 Kingston 2GB *2 = 4GB
video card : geforce GTX 560SE 1 GB oc 810 Mhz

JPCSP version: 2862 X64

config:

Video:
disable VBO []
only GE graphics [X]
use vertex cache [X]
use shaders[X]
use a geometry shader for 2d rendering[]
disable UBO []
enable VAO[]
enabling saving GE to texture instead of memory[X]
enable decoding of indexed textures(using CLUT) in shader [X]
enable dynamic shader generation [X]
enable the shading implementation of the "stencil text"[]
enable the shading implementation of the "color mask"[]
disable optimited vertexinfo reading []
save stencil to memory []
use software rendering []

Memory:
ignore invalid memory access[X]
ignoring unmapped imports[X]

Media:
use media engine[X]
extract media files to tmp folder[X]
decode audio files with sonicstage[X]
use debug font[]

Compiler
use compiler Dynarec [X]
maximun method size :100

crypto:
handle savedata in crypto engine [X]
(11-18-2012, 02:20 AM)darkcloudl Wrote: my pc specs:
Are you sure you don't want to fry that CPU just to emulate a PSP? Hahahaha. Maybe on 1 year this game will be perfectly playable.
(11-18-2012, 08:25 PM)montcer9012 Wrote:
(11-18-2012, 02:20 AM)darkcloudl Wrote: my pc specs:
Are you sure you don't want to fry that CPU just to emulate a PSP? Hahahaha. Maybe on 1 year this game will be perfectly playable.

dont worry, the i3 530 its really a monster in oc, allows overclok up to 4 ghz with stock fan Cool

my temps are 40 in idle and 60 in full, and i want to buy soon a Cooler Master Hyper 212, i oced because i use intensive video editing applications.

yeah maybe in one year, i play it in my psp, but this game in hd is just awesome Big Grin