This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with the emulator itself.
Okay, so I downloaded the latest version of JPCSP, both the 32 and 64 bit version. Now I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I also have both the 32 bit and 64 bit version of both Java 6 and Java 7. Yet everytime I launch either version of the emulator, it still says I don't have the right java. I tried redownloading the latest versions of both 32 and 64 bit java for both java 6 and 7, still nothing. Can anyone help me?
Try the suggestions make on this thread and told us the result here:
Can't start up JPCSP due to "JRE not installed"
[Image: montcer.png]
(08-08-2012, 08:41 AM)montcer9012 Wrote: Try the suggestions make on this thread and told us the result here:
Can't start up JPCSP due to "JRE not installed"

I thankyou for replying so fast. I tried both suggestions in that thread. The first one just made the .bat file basically useless now, and the second doesn't help Windows 7 users, is there anything else I can try?

Oh, apparently I may have to set the .bat to Java 7, can anyone help me try that for a start?
Right click on JPCSP x86 (32 bit version) .bat file and select edit on the context menu.

Code:
Copy the content of the bat file and paste here using the code function to make it easier to read
(08-08-2012, 09:01 AM)montcer9012 Wrote: Right click on JPCSP x86 (32 bit version) .bat file and select edit on the context menu.

Code:
Copy the content of the bat file and paste here like a using the code function to make it easier to read

Okay..like this?

Code:
@echo off
set PATH=%PATH%;lib\;lib\windows-x86\

if NOT EXIST "%SystemRoot%\SysWOW64" goto JAVA32
set key=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment
goto JAVA

:JAVA32
set key=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment

:JAVA
set JAVA_VERSION=
set JAVA_HOME=
for /f "tokens=3* skip=2" %%a in ('reg query "%key%" /v CurrentVersion') do set JAVA_VERSION=%%a
for /f "tokens=2* skip=2" %%a in ('reg query "%key%\%JAVA_VERSION%" /v JavaHome') do set JAVA_HOME=%%b

if not exist "%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java.exe" goto JAVAMISSING
echo Running Jpcsp 32bit...
"%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java" -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=64m -Djava.library.path=lib/windows-x86 -jar bin/jpcsp.jar %*
goto END

:JAVAMISSING
echo The required version of Java has not been installed or isn't recognized.
echo Go to http://java.sun.com to install the 32bit Java JRE.
pause

:END

Yeah, like that. Thanks.

Copy this, paste on a notepad and save like "something_x64.bat". Execute it on desktop and then two files will be generated; attach here: Java_Result_x64.reg / test_result_x64.txt
Code:
@echo off
set PATH=%PATH%;lib\;lib\windows-amd64\
if "%ProgramFiles%" == "%ProgramFiles(x86)%" goto JAVA32SHELL
set JAVA_VERSION=
set JAVA_HOME=
for /f "tokens=3* skip=2" %%a in ('reg query "%key%" /v CurrentVersion') do set JAVA_VERSION=%%a
for /f "tokens=2* skip=2" %%a in ('reg query "%key%\%JAVA_VERSION%" /v JavaHome') do set JAVA_HOME=%%b
echo "%JAVA_HOME%">test_result_x64.txt
echo "%JAVA_VERSION%">>test_result_x64.txt
REG EXPORT "%key%" Java_Result_x64.reg
GOTO END
echo Unable to run a 64bit build on a 32bit platform. Install a 64bit version of Windows first.
pause
goto END
:JAVA32SHELL
echo Unable to properly run a 64bit application from a 32bit context on a 64bit platform.
pause
goto END
pause

Do exact but name it like "something_x86.bat" attaching files _x86:
Code:
@echo off
set key=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment
goto JAVA
set JAVA_VERSION=
set JAVA_HOME=
echo "%JAVA_HOME%">test_result_x86.txt
echo "%JAVA_VERSION%">>test_result_x86.txt
REG EXPORT "%key%" Java_Result_x86.reg
pause
(08-08-2012, 09:18 AM)montcer9012 Wrote: Yeah, like that. Thanks.

Copy this, paste on a notepad and save like "something_x64.bat". Execute it on desktop and then two files will be generated; attach here: Java_Result_x64.reg / test_result_x64.txt
Code:
@echo off
set PATH=%PATH%;lib\;lib\windows-amd64\
if "%ProgramFiles%" == "%ProgramFiles(x86)%" goto JAVA32SHELL
set JAVA_VERSION=
set JAVA_HOME=
echo %JAVA_HOME%>test_result_x64.txt
echo %JAVA_VERSION%>>test_result_x64.txt
REG EXPORT "%key%" Java_Result_x64.reg
GOTO END
echo Unable to run a 64bit build on a 32bit platform. Install a 64bit version of Windows first.
pause
goto END
:JAVA32SHELL
echo Unable to properly run a 64bit application from a 32bit context on a 64bit platform.
pause
goto END

Do exact but name it like "something_x86.bat" attaching files _x86:
Code:
@echo off
goto JAVA
set JAVA_VERSION=
set JAVA_HOME=
echo %JAVA_HOME%>test_result_x86.txt
echo %JAVA_VERSION%>>test_result_x86.txt
REG EXPORT "%key%" Java_Result_x86.reg
exit

Okay so I only got the .txt files out of the two, no such .reg files posted to my desktop. Although I think I was only suppose to get the .txt files right? Regardless, here.

Both files said this:
Code:
ECHO is off.
ECHO is off.
I have modified the codes; copy it again and try.
This time CMD window will not close; pay attention to what it says. If you can, take a picture and attach here.
(08-08-2012, 09:29 AM)montcer9012 Wrote: I have modified the codes; copy it again and try.
This time CMD window will not close; pay attention to what it says. If you can, take a picture and attach here.

http://i47.tinypic.com/3480ewj.jpg -x64
http://i50.tinypic.com/330r9mf.jpg -x86

Mmm, your Windows does not recognize the "REG" command; that's innusual.

Try again whit this code but just look inside "test_result.txt" and told me the result.
Code:
@echo off
reg /?>>test_result.txt
REGEDIT /E Java_result.reg "%key%">>test_result.txt

To end the subject, try this:
1.Click on start -> type regedit
2.On the program that comes out use it like windows explorer. On the left side goto
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment
3.On the right side must appear sometime like the attached picture.
4.Right click on Javasoft key (On the left side) and then select export
5.Put some nome there, save the file and attach here.