This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
bsnes v090 released
Quote:bsnes is a multi-system emulator that began development on 2004-10-14. It currently supports the following systems:
-Nintendo
-Super Nintendo
-Game Boy
-Game Boy Color
-Game Boy Advance
-Nintendo DS

bsnes also supports the following subsystems:
-Super Game Boy
-BS-X Satellaview
-Sufami Turbo

bsnes focuses on accuracy and clean code above all else. It never uses speed or compatibilty hacks. As a result, the minimum system requirements are greater than with other emulators.

http://byuu.org/

Quote:Most notably, this release adds Nintendo DS emulation. The Nintendo DS module was written entirely by Cydrak, so please give him all of the credit for it. I for one am extremely grateful to be allowed to use his module in bsnes.

The Nintendo DS emulator's standalone name is dasShiny. You will need the Nintendo DS firmware, which I cannot provide, in order to use it. It also cannot (currently?) detect the save type used by NDS games. As such, manifest.xml files must be created manually for this purpose. The long-term plan is to create a database of save types for each game. Also, you will need an analog input device for the touch screen for now (joypad axes work well.)

There have also been a lot of changes from my end: a unified manifest.xml format across all systems, major improvements to SPC7110 emulation, enhancements to RTC emulation, MSU1 enhancements, icons in the file browser list, improvements to SNES coprocessor memory mapping, cleanups and improvements in the libraries used to build bsnes, etc.

I've also included kaijuu (which allows launching game folders directly with bsnes) and purify (which allows opening images that are compressed, have copier headers, and have wrong extensions); both of which are fully GUI-based.

This release only loads game folders, not files. Use purify to load ROM files in bsnes.

Note that this will likely be the last release for a long time, and that I will probably rename the emulator for the next release, due to how many additional systems it now supports.
[Image: 1913820.png]