This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Spanish translation
Hello, my name is Sergi and I just registered in this forums. I think that JPCSP is an important project with a brilliant not-so-far-away future. The only way I think I can help is by correcting the Spanish translation, which I've already seen, in a first and quick view, that is not as good as it should be (it contains a few orthographical mistakes), and helping with it in general. I know some English language as well, and have Catalan as my secondary language. I've already participated in the translation for some programs, and I've corrected several program translations (some emulators included), which some of them I'm the official translation updater. I'm a fanatic of linguistics (especially Spanish linguistics), and I can guarantee that you couldn't find a better Spanish language corrector, not even paying (I'm doing it free of charge since this is a free project). If you want me to help the project by correcting the Spanish translation, just tell me how to do it (by the way, I know pretty little about programming...).

Regards,
Sergi
Two files for the translation is in the

http://code.google.com/p/jpcsp/source/br...properties (Spanish)

http://code.google.com/p/jpcsp/source/br...properties (Catalan)

You need Open this files with Notepad and editing the lines for you correct traduction.
[Image: 1388267.png]
OK, thank you for the reply and the info.

How can I test the corrected translation? Or it must be compiled with the program?

And where I must upload them once I've finished?

Regards.
Quote:How can I test the corrected translation? Or it must be compiled with the program?

Yes you need open project and compile with Netbeans or eclipse IDE for testing and view changes on you PC.

Quote:And where I must upload them once I've finished?

You attached files here
[Image: 1388267.png]
you can test it easily by incorporating the file into the emulator's files.

when you're done editing your language file, using 7zip go to the bin folder and open jpcsp.jar (jars can be opened and modified through 7zip easily). then go to the jpcsp/languages folder and simply copy+paste/move the edited file into the archive.

it'll update the file and on the next run the emulator will load your edited translation file.
Thank you all for the replies and the help. You're more attentive than other projects' members who don't have interest in good enough translations.

Well, it has taken much less time than I expected. I finished correcting Spanish and Catalan translations, and translated most of the strings.

.zip   JPCSP_Spanish_Catalan_improved_translations.zip (Size: 5.93 KB / Downloads: 107)

However, I've seen that some lines remain untranslated because they aren't in the language files, which occur with a lot of programs, not only with JPCSP... I don't know if there's any way to fix that easily.

Regards.
Thanks for sharing the some of the files. Its really be helpful for those who want to know the Spanish.

translation to spanish | Translate English | english to spanish