This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying to beef up performance in JPCSP
Hey there. I'm sure there's a lot going on with builds and such, but I'm trying to run Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles well, and I've been trying to get it to perform well. On average, I can get it in the 20-30 FPS range, but I was hoping of having it lock into the solid 30s. I was wondering if there's any particular build of the emulator that works well on it, or if there's a setting I have to toggle to get a performance boost. Here are my PC settings, in case that's important. Tongue

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.20 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 580
RAM: 16 GB

And the settings I have enabled for the game are the following.

- Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory
- Enable dynamic shader generation (I have this on as it apparently helps with SotN..which I can't get to work)

I'm very unfamiliar with this emulator, so any and all tips can help me. I'm using the 32 version, as that supports the CG and audio files.

EDIT: I'm also using JPCSP Launcher, in case there's some boosting settings in that.
Details about the game i suggest to post on the game main thread as you did before; but this time, attach a log file for further information. (On my sign is the link; once open the link find the sticky thread called "Guide: How to post a log")
Here: Dracula x chronicles - usa - ulks46155

About this:
(08-04-2012, 07:24 AM)Foffykins Wrote: there's a setting I have to toggle to get a performance boost
On the JPCSP Launcher, lets wait for hiyakki; he will told you how that works.
On JPCSP settings you have to try on differents options until one fits better to your machine. Also, i suggest read carefully the ReadME file of latest JPCSP rev on the section 7 and then try again until you discover the best options. Here is a cut text from there:

Code:
- Enable decoding of indexed textures (using CLUT) in shader: this option brings a performance boost when combined with "Enable saving GE screen to Textures" and when the application is doing manipulations on the Red/Green/Blue color channels of the framebuffer (e.g. to implement some graphic effects, blurs or shadows). Available only as an option as it might break the compatibility for other applications...
[Image: montcer.png]