This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ATI graphic offset bug (Garbled text/images)
Since no one paid attention to the posts I made to the game thread I'll try here.

I think the problem is an ATI specific one because some users have no problems, while I can't avoid it, no matter what setting I use or version of JPCSP (or video drivers).

The problem I have happens with Persona 1, that other players reported as emulated perfectly fine. The issue should be related to some kind of wrong offset in reading some images that make them appear all garbled.

This happens in some locations, and in the display of numbers within the menus.

Can any dev look into what is causing this, please?

Enabling "use software rendering" actually fixes the problem, but makes the display go black&white without colors.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Could help you get more attention if you are more specific.

For example, go back to the main game thread and make a post attaching the .log file (Follow this instructions).
Whit the .log file also will help told the DEV what rev of JPCSP are you using.

To get the community involved also sayd what driver version are you using (Catalyst 12?), OS/CPU architecture (x86/x64) and other tips you think important to mentioned.
[Image: montcer.png]
(07-24-2012, 06:55 PM)montcer9012 Wrote: Whit the .log file also will help told the DEV what rev of JPCSP are you using.

It happens with ALL versions. As I said I've tried a bunch.

Quote:To get the community involved also sayd what driver version are you using (Catalyst 12?)

And again it happens across many different drivers. I've never seen it fixed and I've changed drivers a number of times.

It's NOT a specific incompatibility.

Quote:OS/CPU architecture (x86/x64)

Win 7 64bit.

Attached Files
.7z   log.7z (Size: 5.51 KB / Downloads: 97)
Ok, that's a beginning.

And the log, i suggest also post it on the game thread; remember that this part of the forum is for svn trunk discussion and every game have an appart thread to be discuss that believe me, can really help you. I have an ATI/AMD GPU and i have few games that has become playable on the evolution of JPCSP.

I can't guarantee you that your case will be solved; but giving to DEV the tools to make they help you is really something.
[Image: montcer.png]
I had already. But since I think it's not a configuration problem it will be solved only if some dev goes to look specifically into it.
Could you try to enable the following 2 options:
- Use shaders (experimental)
- Enable dynamic shader generation (only relevant when using shaders, recommended for AMD/ATI)
they have been reported to help with ATI drivers. Post an updated log files with these options.
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
Consider that some rooms and images are displayed fine.

What is garbled is some numbers in menus, the background of room names on top, some room graphic, some other pictures.

Anyway, that's the log you asked.

Attached Files
.7z   log.7z (Size: 5.84 KB / Downloads: 93)
Three months later... Nothing has changed.

Though I noticed that SOME corrupted textures go uncorruped if I enable:
"decoding of indexed textures"

This can be changed on the fly and fixes the corruption in some rooms. Though I still get some garbled text in the menus.