This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FF4:CC
First off, I apologize if these issues have been brought up already by others. No one had really said whether or not the problems were being worked on.

Some folks have done regression testing with FF4: Complete, pointing out a few major regressions as seen here.

R2491 seemed to break the ability to have Stencil Test and Save GE to Texture enabled at the same time. Save GE is a requirement the game run at decent speeds (I can emulate at full speed most of the time.)

AMD cards will not show the dialogue whatsoever. I only have a HD 7850 to test with, but others seem to have issues, as well. My Nvidia cards seem to work without a problem. It sounds like this might be a driver issue caused by AMD, but I doubt they will fix it.

Other minor things: magic effects in battle are slow, the animations entering battles (especially for bosses) are missing and slow, and there are white bars moving around on various maps (easily seen in the intro to the game.)

All I can do is hope the devs can look after these issues in the near future. It's my favorite game and I'd like to enjoy its glory on my flat panel TV. Smile
(actually it was R2492, that broke save ge to texture AND stencil test), then after that it was r2536 that broke stencil test for this game.
The only thing I can think of is reverting that change could have negative effects for multiple other games, so maybe its not worth changing just for one game, for now the best option is to run it under R2491~ for the best results.
Well, I was hoping the devs could provide a legitimate fix for the issue in the future, not just a simple regression. That being said, the game runs quite well with 2491, but it's a hassle managing two versions of the emulator and their data.
(07-23-2012, 10:37 PM)hyakki Wrote: (actually it was R2492, that broke save ge to texture AND stencil test), then after that it was r2536 that broke stencil test for this game.
The only thing I can think of is reverting that change could have negative effects for multiple other games, so maybe its not worth changing just for one game, for now the best option is to run it under R2491~ for the best results.
I've not forgotten this issue Smile. As we had already several tries/reverts in the past in this area, I would like to build a specific test application (or enhance 3D Studio) to easily reproduce the problem and try to find a solution fitting all applications. If there is no generic solution (which I fear), I will need to introduce a new setting option...
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log