This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In latest 2629 Gow Ghost Of Sparta Doesnt work
(10-25-2012, 09:18 PM)montcer9012 Wrote:
(10-24-2012, 12:59 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: Then how can I force JPCSP to run with an older OpenGL implementation?
I don't know if Nvidia video drivers are too complex to roolback, but why don't you try do it to the version you want to use?
Because as I said above and 2 or 3 times again it's NOT possible, Nvidia doesn't offer you the option to do it manualy on cards that come already with a 4.x.x OpenGL implementation (if you are on a card that comes with atleast OGL 4 you are stuck with it) because secretly they want to force people to get rid of those versions that cause them a pain in the head in their support department. Also, what they say on the site it's not even near the truth, it's just a carefuly placed phrase to misslead people. With what they say they leave the impression that all previous implementations are more or less automaticaly picked for best results when in reality they are left unused until a certified application gets recognized from a list and runs with those implementations such as older games but all the rest use 4.x.x in a somewhat backwards compatibility mode which is really buggy and either way 4.x.x implementation didn't got built as direct upgrades to previous implementations which causes issues. Also gid15 mentions that it's possible to do that by selecting a compatibility profile which is not true, there is no such thing in Nvidia cards, you are forced to use the profiles that come with the driver which are limmited to some hundreds of known games and nothing more. There are already many people complaining about it but the answer was already given that they try to offer the best user experience and OpenGL 4 based implementation is crucial to that. I know, it sucks but with this strategy, by the time of 4-5 months from now, there are going to get reported dozens of bugs which are all to blame in this tactic.

Messages In This Thread
RE: In latest 2629 Gow Ghost Of Sparta Doesnt work - by VIRGIN KLM - 10-26-2012, 08:27 AM