This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In latest 2629 Gow Ghost Of Sparta Doesnt work
(10-23-2012, 07:59 AM)gid15 Wrote:
(10-23-2012, 01:59 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: About the Nvidia drivers thing, It's the problem I told you with the adoption of the newer OpenGL 4.x.x since Nvidia will stop supporting OpenGL 3.x and it's on the fly backwards compatibility and will also update older cards with a substitute to 4.x.x under a slightly different name. You can expect more issues popping up one after the other. I doubt that anyone would use older drivers since that move gave a speed impact of atleast 20% making it near equal to DX11's speed which is a serious reason nobody would leave the latest drivers. All this won't happen unless somebody report to NVidia staff that it's causing way too many issues and they need to work on them or JPCSP gets updates with OGL 4.x.x implementations natively.
Read this http://developer.nvidia.com/opengl-driver

Quote:
FAQ 5: NVIDIA has no plans for dropping support for any version of OpenGL on our existing and future shipping hardware. As a result, all currently shipping applications will continue to work on NVIDIA's existing and future hardware.
i have tried the latest version of jpcsp. the event dispatchthread error does not show up but the screen remains black and the fps remains constant. i also cannot save the game right after i defeated callitso. donno y. i tried older version of java and older version of nvidia driver and it did not work too..
i am stuck like this. the external window that is supposed to come does not show up

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(10-23-2012, 01:59 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: About the Nvidia drivers thing, It's the problem I told you with the adoption of the newer OpenGL 4.x.x since Nvidia will stop supporting OpenGL 3.x and it's on the fly backwards compatibility and will also update older cards with a substitute to 4.x.x under a slightly different name. You can expect more issues popping up one after the other. I doubt that anyone would use older drivers since that move gave a speed impact of atleast 20% making it near equal to DX11's speed which is a serious reason nobody would leave the latest drivers. All this won't happen unless somebody report to NVidia staff that it's causing way too many issues and they need to work on them or JPCSP gets updates with OGL 4.x.x implementations natively.

Quote:
FAQ 5: NVIDIA has no plans for dropping support for any version of OpenGL on our existing and future shipping hardware. As a result, all currently shipping applications will continue to work on NVIDIA's existing and future hardware.
The latest drivers always run at 4.x.x which is not transparently compatible with older implementations due to some major changes as mentioned in OpenGL's changelog aswell, JPCSP can't trigger those old native implementations burried inside the drivers unless you force it to (which there isn't any way on all current and previous generation models) or the program/game/emulator gets officialy certified/supported by Nvidia and they'll create a profile for it. They are there mostly for older games that are incompatible with the newer implemetations but they get triggered automaticaly from Nvidia's compatibility table.
(10-23-2012, 05:55 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:

Quote:
The latest drivers always run at 4.x.x which is not transparently compatible with older implementations due to some major changes as mentioned in OpenGL's changelog aswell, JPCSP can't trigger those old native implementations burried inside the drivers unless you force it to (which there isn't any way on all current and previous generation models) or the program/game/emulator gets officialy certified/supported by Nvidia and they'll create a profile for it. They are there mostly for older games that are incompatible with the newer implemetations but they get triggered automaticaly from Nvidia's compatibility table.
There is nothing hidden or buried. It is just a matter of selecting the compatibility profile, which is a standard OpenGL interface from OpenGL 3.2 and later versions.
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(10-23-2012, 07:02 PM)gid15 Wrote: There is nothing hidden or buried. It is just a matter of selecting the compatibility profile, which is a standard OpenGL interface from OpenGL 3.2 and later versions.
Then how can I force JPCSP to run with an older OpenGL implementation?
(10-24-2012, 12:59 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: Then how can I force JPCSP to run with an older OpenGL implementation?
I don't know if Nvidia video drivers are too complex to roolback, but why don't you try do it to the version you want to use?
[Image: montcer.png]
(10-25-2012, 09:18 PM)montcer9012 Wrote:
(10-24-2012, 12:59 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: Then how can I force JPCSP to run with an older OpenGL implementation?
I don't know if Nvidia video drivers are too complex to roolback, but why don't you try do it to the version you want to use?
Because as I said above and 2 or 3 times again it's NOT possible, Nvidia doesn't offer you the option to do it manualy on cards that come already with a 4.x.x OpenGL implementation (if you are on a card that comes with atleast OGL 4 you are stuck with it) because secretly they want to force people to get rid of those versions that cause them a pain in the head in their support department. Also, what they say on the site it's not even near the truth, it's just a carefuly placed phrase to misslead people. With what they say they leave the impression that all previous implementations are more or less automaticaly picked for best results when in reality they are left unused until a certified application gets recognized from a list and runs with those implementations such as older games but all the rest use 4.x.x in a somewhat backwards compatibility mode which is really buggy and either way 4.x.x implementation didn't got built as direct upgrades to previous implementations which causes issues. Also gid15 mentions that it's possible to do that by selecting a compatibility profile which is not true, there is no such thing in Nvidia cards, you are forced to use the profiles that come with the driver which are limmited to some hundreds of known games and nothing more. There are already many people complaining about it but the answer was already given that they try to offer the best user experience and OpenGL 4 based implementation is crucial to that. I know, it sucks but with this strategy, by the time of 4-5 months from now, there are going to get reported dozens of bugs which are all to blame in this tactic.
Well i didn't know that, but it sucks. Maybe a third party APP would allow you do that; i meant, is hard to believe that the hardware stuck to work only with an OpenGL version.
[Image: montcer.png]
(10-26-2012, 08:27 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:
(10-25-2012, 09:18 PM)montcer9012 Wrote:
Because as I said above and 2 or 3 times again it's NOT possible, Nvidia doesn't offer you the option to do it manualy on cards that come already with a 4.x.x OpenGL implementation (if you are on a card that comes with atleast OGL 4 you are stuck with it) because secretly they want to force people to get rid of those versions that cause them a pain in the head in their support department. Also, what they say on the site it's not even near the truth, it's just a carefuly placed phrase to misslead people. With what they say they leave the impression that all previous implementations are more or less automaticaly picked for best results when in reality they are left unused until a certified application gets recognized from a list and runs with those implementations such as older games but all the rest use 4.x.x in a somewhat backwards compatibility mode which is really buggy and either way 4.x.x implementation didn't got built as direct upgrades to previous implementations which causes issues. Also gid15 mentions that it's possible to do that by selecting a compatibility profile which is not true, there is no such thing in Nvidia cards, you are forced to use the profiles that come with the driver which are limmited to some hundreds of known games and nothing more. There are already many people complaining about it but the answer was already given that they try to offer the best user experience and OpenGL 4 based implementation is crucial to that. I know, it sucks but with this strategy, by the time of 4-5 months from now, there are going to get reported dozens of bugs which are all to blame in this tactic.
Could you post a log with the cube demo?
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(10-29-2012, 12:40 PM)gid15 Wrote: Could you post a log with the cube demo?
Sure, here are Cube demo logs of both Nvidia with OGL 4.3.0 and Intel with OGL 3.3.0.
If you need any other logs generaly comparing Intel and Nvidia, especially now with the recent (it got updated just some days ago) 4.3.0 implementation tell me.

.7z   Cube (Nvidia - Intel).7z (Size: 5.68 KB / Downloads: 94)
(10-30-2012, 10:12 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote:
(10-29-2012, 12:40 PM)gid15 Wrote: Could you post a log with the cube demo?
Sure, here are Cube demo logs of both Nvidia with OGL 4.3.0 and Intel with OGL 3.3.0.
If you need any other logs generaly comparing Intel and Nvidia, especially now with the recent (it got updated just some days ago) 4.3.0 implementation tell me.
Is it correct that you get a black screen with Nvidia OGL 4.3.0 and the rotating cube with Intel OGL 3.3.0?

Do you get the same results when not enabling these options (they were enabled in your test):
- Only GE graphics (not recommended for homebrew)
- Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory
- Start JPCSP in Full-Screen Exclusive Mode in the following runs
and keeping the original PSP window size (i.e. without resizing Jpcsp).

I'm trying to come back to the simplest test: Jpcsp settings "out of the box" and cube demo to avoid any other side-effect.