This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Digimon World Re:Digitize - NPJH50588
(07-31-2012, 11:32 AM)Taiki Wrote: But will you try to fix it?
And also what can you say about game randomly freezes sometimes, most often in battles. This problem is not present for me while using software renderer, but it's slow and glitchy.

I'm sure he'll do what he can/has the time to do with it.
The random crashes in battles is not something I've stumbled upon, what are your settings? I'll post mine in a while. It's not like I have played a lot of battles yet though But I've done my fair share of them without the game freezing.

So there's no further debugging we could do it seems? It's been almost 9 years (I was 13) since I used something like SoftIce or the gdb but I do understand how programs are loaded into memory. Debugging for a system like the PSP should be way more difficult but I kind of know how traceing and breakpoints work. I'd be glad to help in whatever I can and I'm sure other guys like Taiki would try to.
If there's not much else to do but to wait for jpcsp to give any signs of improvement by itself then so be it gid.
Thanks for your attention to the problems despite the complainers that are somewhat out of place.
(07-31-2012, 07:55 PM)damicore Wrote:
(07-31-2012, 11:32 AM)Taiki Wrote: But will you try to fix it?
And also what can you say about game randomly freezes sometimes, most often in battles. This problem is not present for me while using software renderer, but it's slow and glitchy.

I'm sure he'll do what he can/has the time to do with it.
The random crashes in battles is not something I've stumbled upon, what are your settings? I'll post mine in a while.

It happes with any settings. Not happens only when software renderer is on.
I apologize for my bad English.
Maybe it's your GPU going bad/unstable.
About the glitched dialogue boxes:
Should I do the debugging previously done by taiki but with the textboxes? Could that help with the sprite icons glitch or would it be just adding one more problem to concentrate on? I don't know much but both problems could be related in some way.
I'll gladly do so once I get home if it is of any help to you gid.
(08-01-2012, 03:28 AM)damicore Wrote: About the glitched dialogue boxes:
Should I do the debugging previously done by taiki but with the textboxes? Could that help with the sprite icons glitch or would it be just adding one more problem to concentrate on? I don't know much but both problems could be related in some way.
Go ahead.
From the previous screenshots posted in this thread, it is not clear to me what's wrong with the textboxes. A screenshot from a real PSP as comparison could help...
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(08-01-2012, 05:22 AM)gid15 Wrote:
(08-01-2012, 03:28 AM)damicore Wrote: About the glitched dialogue boxes:
Go ahead.
From the previous screenshots posted in this thread, it is not clear to me what's wrong with the textboxes. A screenshot from a real PSP as comparison could help...

[Image: 602542_340994625976983_308880170_n.jpg]
This is what the dialogue boxes should all look like.
Notice lines being anywhere, etc in the JPCSP screenshots.
This is the capture with only disabling vertex cache and the log:
http://www.mediafire.com/?6vh6tuq2vnn2z49

Just let me know if there's anything I can help with.
I've fixed a few VFPU instructions in r2662. Not sure if they are used by this game.
Could you retest and include a log file by adding the following line to the LogSettings.xml
Code:
<logger name='compiler'> <level value='debug' /> </logger>
This will at least list the instructions used by this game.
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(08-01-2012, 03:42 PM)gid15 Wrote: I've fixed a few VFPU instructions in r2662. Not sure if they are used by this game.
Could you retest and include a log file by adding the following line to the LogSettings.xml
Code:
<logger name='compiler'> <level value='debug' /> </logger>
This will at least list the instructions used by this game.

That was one huge log.
Logged until I loaded my game and opened the triangle menu you're used to (the clock is part of the HUD that's in-game just as you start the game, though):

.rar   Compiler Instructions used in Digimon.rar (Size: 1.57 MB / Downloads: 116)

The garbled dialogue boxes and wrong sprite icons are still present in R2663.

Thanks gid!
(07-21-2012, 07:35 AM)damicore Wrote:
(07-21-2012, 05:58 AM)uruhara12 Wrote: Tested in Svn 2628 still the same glitch no title screen .... attack always 000 and time 000

Read the whole thread, you can see the title screen with the options provided throughout the thread.
Come on people.

What you can't see is the cutscene when starting a new gameand you have all the other glitches which are still present.

i have read all the thread , but i dont understand yet how to use the log that you posted

i have the same problem with you, like the icon looks not that suppose to be, the main menu, the damage always look 000 and the problem with the clock..please help me, i'm really be sick over with this problem Sad
(08-02-2012, 07:18 AM)pristianf Wrote:
(07-21-2012, 07:35 AM)damicore Wrote:
(07-21-2012, 05:58 AM)uruhara12 Wrote: Tested in Svn 2628 still the same glitch no title screen .... attack always 000 and time 000

Read the whole thread, you can see the title screen with the options provided throughout the thread.
Come on people.

What you can't see is the cutscene when starting a new gameand you have all the other glitches which are still present.

i have read all the thread , but i dont understand yet how to use the log that you posted

i have the same problem with you, like the icon looks not that suppose to be, the main menu, the damage always look 000 and the problem with the clock..please help me, i'm really be sick over with this problem Sad
Did you actually read every post in this thread? This isn't something that can be fixed with a simple change of the settings. The problem lies in how JPCSP handles the game itself or at least certain aspects of the game. It could take a while before the devs are able to fix this. The game can still be an enjoyable experience despite the time not being able to be displayed correctly.