This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forced Right Analog Stick Compatibility for gmaepads-theory
psp 
like we all know,the PSP doesn't have Left Analog Stick,and even with gamepad support,we still pretty match feel somewhat uncomfortable compared to the traditional 2 analog stick controls.
many games,like PSP's god of War games let you "rolling" by pressing both the left analog stick with the R+L buttons, my idea is(if Possible) to let us set more then one button to all the the emulated PSP's control buttons ,for example,like GOW games you will be allowed to set both left and right analogs sticks for movements,as well using the right analog directions as R and L(as extend option) this way,all the right analogs direction will contain both R+L and movements option,turning it act like the right analog stick in the home versions.

in theory,this method ican even enable R2 and L2 forced support in some games.

that's idea is just my theory,don't know if it possible,but good luck.
(08-13-2011, 12:00 PM)Emulatong Wrote: like we all know,the PSP doesn't have Left Analog Stick,and even with gamepad support,we still pretty match feel somewhat uncomfortable compared to the traditional 2 analog stick controls.
many games,like PSP's god of War games let you "rolling" by pressing both the left analog stick with the R+L buttons, my idea is(if Possible) to let us set more then one button to all the the emulated PSP's control buttons ,for example,like GOW games you will be allowed to set both left and right analogs sticks for movements,as well using the right analog directions as R and L(as extend option) this way,all the right analogs direction will contain both R+L and movements option,turning it act like the right analog stick in the home versions.

in theory,this method ican even enable R2 and L2 forced support in some games.

that's idea is just my theory,don't know if it possible,but good luck.

Well, it is possible. But since we need to emulate the PSP's controller interface, the best solution I see is to check whether or not the gamepad has more than one analog stick. If that happens, all the events registered for the right analog stick will also be registered to the left one.
This can also be applied to the remaining buttons. Something like a "default button mirroring" setting. Of course, when the user enables this, it has to work for all buttons at once, which means it won't be customizable (since that would need us to emulate the gamepad and not the PSP controller).