This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Predator (ULES01350)
First of all, game run pretty well. The common issue is that game crash randomly; is not a common happening until game freeze. (At least i think so)

Other important problem, is that game seems to have an issue whit the emulation code that cause fire don't follow a logic path; sometimes is like an invisible object block the bullets making it crash there!! Other times bullets go far but is like enemies have an invisible shield and bullets don't touch they; same thing happen to mine character i guess.

On that video theres some gameplay and some crazy shots. If you pay attention on the beginning, you can notice that the box refuse to be the target and the bullets goes every else further the box. Believe me, have tried shot to the box thousands of times on many sites and directions and game never said to me that i hit the box; so i scrub it and continues on the mission.

Other important thing you will see if where i start shotting some people; some times bullets explodes just front of me!! Like theres a invisible wall or something!! (Watch on 00:00:45 or 00:02:38) . Hey, aim whit the keyboard is hard, but does not matter cause bullets go where they want.

The video ends when game freeze, it always freeze and in random times whitout an logic order to freeze. As you can see the log does not show any warning or alert; the log of the gameplay video is attached whit the profiler, just in case if necessary.
[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/vzLJWjgCYig [/video]

Attached Files
.7z   2613 - 2nd Video - Profiler + Log.7z (Size: 185.45 KB / Downloads: 84)
[Image: montcer.png]
Moved to Half-Playable because of the collision problem.
(not sure how that will effect gameplay, better to let the devs look at the logs first).

Sure! thanks!

First was posted like "Playable" cause it does not have so much graphic/sounds problems; however games freeze always.
(07-14-2012, 12:00 PM)montcer9012 Wrote: Other important problem, is that game seems to have an issue whit the emulation code that cause fire don't follow a logic path; sometimes is like an invisible object block the bullets making it crash there!! Other times bullets go far but is like enemies have an invisible shield and bullets don't touch they; same thing happen to mine character i guess.
Did this problem also occurred before latest VFPU compiler changes? I.e. any difference with r2611?
Also, could you try to delete the file Compiler.xml (or rename it to something different)?

Thanks
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(07-16-2012, 10:10 AM)gid15 Wrote: any difference with r2611?
Well, game was test on 2613 so i guest the improvement on 2611 was better there.

On r2624 theres no good or bad point to this game; it still freezing and bullets crashing on my face. I do erased "Compiler.xml" but theres not improvement.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.7z   r2624 - Compiler Erased.7z (Size: 7.88 KB / Downloads: 98)
.7z   r2624 - Profiler + Log.7z (Size: 188.41 KB / Downloads: 88)
(07-19-2012, 09:45 AM)montcer9012 Wrote:
(07-16-2012, 10:10 AM)gid15 Wrote: any difference with r2611?
Well, game was test on 2613 so i guest the improvement on 2611 was better there.
I mean, could you test it with r2611 to check if the problems are coming from the VFPU changes in next revision?

Thanks!
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
Tried on r2611/2608 and theres the same issue; however, gameplay is pretty nice on r2608. I could play a few times without game freeze, and is more smooth than on other revs.

.7z   r2611 - Compiler on.7z (Size: 10.4 KB / Downloads: 94)
.7z   r2611 - Compiler erased.7z (Size: 7.71 KB / Downloads: 88)
Still testing the game on several rev and the bullets issue still there.

As you can see on r2644, i shoot to the sky and even like that bullets can impact on the invisible shield that god have hahahaha.

I guess the INFO log is not enough to found the problem; on what level i should post it??

.7z   r2644.7z (Size: 8.31 KB / Downloads: 85)
There has been fixes in VFPU instructions recently. Could you retest with latest revision?

Thanks!
Thanks for the fixes; but it does not fix GRP. I have to say that on r2663 game crash a lot. On older rev gameplay was about 5-10 minutes when game crash. This time game crash between 1-5 minutes. Also is important that when game crash log window does not show any warning and game sound still playing.

Here is a video. Watch on second 30 where i fire to the heaven and bullets impact on my face.
[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/tmw0_ijKcQM [/video]

Attached Files
.7z   2650_Profiler+Lof_Crash.7z (Size: 158.1 KB / Downloads: 95)
.7z   2663 - Video Crash.7z (Size: 171.5 KB / Downloads: 84)