This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to force JPCSP use more PC resources??
When im on PC gaming my PC specs goes to high use and they auto overclock if is needed. Like that, i can play EA Games whit Frostbite 2 engine at high settings like Battlefield 3 or NFS The Run. TES V: Skyrim run at high whitout problems and the Crytek engine run pretty good too.

I know 2,5 MHz at top speed is a limitative issue on my hardware, but the video GPU take the charge that the CPU doesnt, so, how can i force JPCSP use all my resources at the top to improve FPS??

Something says to me that it cant be done cause if it would, already have to be done and for that the real question would be; what need JPCSP to take advantage from Hardware resources??

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: montcer.png]
You could try another type of garbage collector in java like ConcMarksweep since its better suited for multi core processors (I think java 7 already has something like this active by default though).

To be honest the game you are testing with is quite buggy at this time (it could be from the protection shadow was talking about, causing the game to slow down like that) and no amount of boost will get it going full speed yet, even I only get 0 fps on that game :p

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-13-2012, 12:53 AM)hyakki Wrote: To be honest the game you are testing with is quite buggy at this time
Thats what i mean! How to force the game to use the resources so it dont have choice and then run good!!

For real, i dont know nothing about Java language but as far i can see on God Of War some people have added -Xmx line to the starter Batch of JPCSP; i guess that command will improve something on the game running; so, are not a command like that to gain speed on Killzone??

(07-13-2012, 12:53 AM)hyakki Wrote: You could try another type of garbage collector in java like ConcMarksweep since its better suited for multi core processors (I think java 7 already has something like this active by default though).
Ok, have read something from here and for there and thats what i got: -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC
Added that command whit defaults wich are: "-Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=128m -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=64m" ... Does not bring important or at least noticeable change.

So, any suggestion?? What about Xmx command, wich is the best number on it and on the others??

Anyway i have Java 7Up5 and some games run better that in Java 6. I am not sure if that happen for the java change, the driver update or the work of the develop team.
(07-13-2012, 12:53 AM)hyakki Wrote: To be honest the game you are testing with is quite buggy at this time (it could be from the protection shadow was talking about, causing the game to slow down like that) and no amount of boost will get it going full speed yet, even I only get 0 fps on that game :p
The FPS display in Jpcsp is assuming that the game is using double-buffering: it just counts 1 frame for each double-buffer switch. If the FPS steadily stays at 0, it could be that the game is not using any double-buffering technique at all. I wonder if there is any flickering on a real PSP?
I will have to think of an accurate way to evaluate the FPS in that case...

Added as Issue 306
http://code.google.com/p/jpcsp/issues/detail?id=306
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
I see; but then does not matter about FPS show besides gameplay is the important thing!!

If the game have a nice speed to run and become playable the FPS on 0 will not matter; so, how to force it run better?? Big Grin

(07-13-2012, 06:13 PM)montcer9012 Wrote: I see; but then does not matter about FPS show besides gameplay is the important thing!!

If the game have a nice speed to run and become playable the FPS on 0 will not matter; so, how to force it run better?? Big Grin
I need to add a profiler for the graphics engine, something similar to the one available for the compiler. From the log file it is difficult to find out where the bottle neck for the graphics lies...
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(07-13-2012, 07:58 PM)gid15 Wrote: I need to add a profiler for the graphics engine...
Ok, what you need to do it??
(07-13-2012, 08:03 PM)montcer9012 Wrote:
(07-13-2012, 07:58 PM)gid15 Wrote: I need to add a profiler for the graphics engine...
Ok, what you need to do it??
Time to implement it Wink
(07-13-2012, 08:11 PM)gid15 Wrote: Time to implement it Wink
Hahahahaha, ok. Good luck!