This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make emu faster, stop working on ProOnline
Hi!

as a few unhappy people already addressed this topic (see http://code.google.com/p/jpcsp/source/detail?r=2595 ), I would like to clarify some points.

I'm always working on several topics in parallel: new features, performance improvement, compatibility... there is no such simple world as working only on one aspect and neglecting the others. It's always a balance between all.

One of my first priorities is also to help homebrew developers. If you are developing one, feel free to contact me, sharing the source code is usually the most efficient way to make progress. I will help as much as I can.

Concerning the support of ProOnline in Jpcsp, I have been contacted by Coldbird who created the "homebrew" ProOnline client for the PSP and he asked me if we could add support in Jpcsp. This would help him to further develop the ProOnline client. This is why I've moved this feature to the top of my todo list.

But as I wrote, it doesn't mean I'm not working on other topics as well. Actually, the progress on compatibility could be faster if I had more log files posted on the forum. I am looking in detail at each of these and this is the main input I have. Posting a log file doesn't necessarily mean I will be able to find a solution, don't put your expectations too high. But without a log file, the chances are almost 0. I would say that around 10% of the log files really help me, but this is still better than nothing at all. I'm not responding to every post, only to the ones where I was able to find something. But this does not mean I'm ignoring the other ones.

I wish we had the same number of active developers for Jpcsp as for pcsx2. During the last months, I'm feeling quite alone here for the dev work! No volunteers around?

If you want to help, post reports including log files for the games you own and sometimes a screenshot or video if it helps to understand.

BTW, thank you for deciding what I have to do during my free time, but I prefer to decide by myself Wink
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log

Messages In This Thread
RE: Make emu faster, stop working on ProOnline - by gid15 - 07-12-2012, 04:20 PM