This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nvidia 304.79 Beta broken shaders w/Jpcsp
Just a heads up that GeForce 304.79 Beta drivers will completely break shaders (shows just a black screen) in jpcsp with some nvidia cards (I have a 560ti gtx).
Since they are an official beta they are more tempting to try, I'm not sure if this will be a permanent change or just a fluke in the driver. (might be worth investigating) :p

Not really a big deal, the 304.48 still work fine and are virtually the same driver Smile
I can confirm this problem with the 304.79 drivers on my GTX 460 under Windows XP x64 when shaders are enabled. In the log, I get the following warnings right after loading a game and before pressing Run. These warnings don't occur with previous drivers:

Code:
[GUI] WARN  ge - Shader log: Vertex info
-----------
0(305) : warning C7050: "W" might be used before being initialized

Log file attached.

UPDATE:
As a workaround, enable dynamic shader generation in the video configuration. This fixes the problem but I'm currently testing to see whether there are any side effects on Nvidia cards. Are Nvidia drivers becoming like AMD/ATI drivers now? That option is supposed to be for AMD/ATI.

UPDATE 2:
Yeah, as I expected this workaround causes various graphical and text glitches in games. Depending on the game, these glitches range from minor glitches to pretty bad.

Attached Files
.html   log.html (Size: 29.84 KB / Downloads: 101)
Same problem Broken shaders with GPU Nvidia 8800 But If enabled dynamic shader generation in the video configuration shaders enabled option working in my case i do not find any secondary error glitches more than that.
[Image: 1388267.png]
Code:
[GUI] WARN  ge - Shader log: Vertex info
-----------
0(305) : warning C7050: "W" might be used before being initialized
The warning should now be gone in r2600. But this was only a warning and no reason why the shaders do no longer work...
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(07-07-2012, 02:49 PM)gid15 Wrote: The warning should now be gone in r2600. But this was only a warning and no reason why the shaders do no longer work...

The warning is indeed gone, but the black (sometimes flickering color) screen problem due to the changes in the latest drivers still remain when using shaders and dynamic shader generation is disabled.

As for the graphical corruption that I experienced when dynamic shader generation is enabled, I can get rid of it by disabling VAO. I guess dynamic shader generation and VAO don't work well together.
I'm thinking of upgrading to 304.79. Is this issue solved in r2601 version? Thanks!
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium x64-based PC
Intel® Core™ i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90GHz, 3101 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8,00 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti (306.23 win7 64bit drivers)
1.023,69 MB Adapter RAM
jpcsp-2574-windows-amd64
jdk-7 windows-x64-02_may_2012 Java
Logic dictate that it's up to nvidia to clean up their mess.
(07-07-2012, 09:15 PM)bugmenot Wrote: Logic dictate that it's up to nvidia to clean up their mess.

I guess so too... I'll be waiting for the stable drivers.I'll be sticking with 304.48 until then... hope they will solve those issues until the next stable release! Thanks for replying!
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium x64-based PC
Intel® Core™ i5-2310 CPU @ 2.90GHz, 3101 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8,00 GB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti (306.23 win7 64bit drivers)
1.023,69 MB Adapter RAM
jpcsp-2574-windows-amd64
jdk-7 windows-x64-02_may_2012 Java
Probably just a driver bug, if it still happens in the next few 304 drivers then good chance something has permanently changed, btw I tried some other OpenGL apps (like dolphin, nvidia opengl demos :p) and they work ok but I'm not sure how/if they utilize shaders...

I also tried the updating to the latest lwjgl (2.8.4 6/3/12) and the nightly lwjgl builds, but shaders still don't work without using the dynamic shader generation option.
I've discovered that it's possible to enable VAO and dynamic shader generation together without getting graphical glitches. After starting up JPCSP but before loading any game, disable dynamic shader generation but leave VAO enabled. After loading and running the game, enable dynamic shader generation and the graphics should show up normally. If VAO and dynamic shader generation are both enabled before loading and running a game, graphical glitches will show up but the severity depends on the game.