This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nvidia 304.79 Beta broken shaders w/Jpcsp
I can confirm this problem with the 304.79 drivers on my GTX 460 under Windows XP x64 when shaders are enabled. In the log, I get the following warnings right after loading a game and before pressing Run. These warnings don't occur with previous drivers:

Code:
[GUI] WARN  ge - Shader log: Vertex info
-----------
0(305) : warning C7050: "W" might be used before being initialized

Log file attached.

UPDATE:
As a workaround, enable dynamic shader generation in the video configuration. This fixes the problem but I'm currently testing to see whether there are any side effects on Nvidia cards. Are Nvidia drivers becoming like AMD/ATI drivers now? That option is supposed to be for AMD/ATI.

UPDATE 2:
Yeah, as I expected this workaround causes various graphical and text glitches in games. Depending on the game, these glitches range from minor glitches to pretty bad.

Attached Files
.html   log.html (Size: 29.84 KB / Downloads: 101)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Nvidia 304.79 Beta broken shaders w/Jpcsp - by Itaru - 07-07-2012, 12:22 PM