This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
playing an encrypted game vs a decrypted game
is there any differance in playing in encrypted rather than decrypted?
don't think so. after you run an encrypted game, its eboot gets decrypted and stored in tmp folder (same with any other encrypted files like pgd etc, though some still need decryption on a psp until the crypto engine's finished), and from then on the decrypted file's used instead.
Technically you can't play an encrypted game without it being decrypted first, or they wont work at all, this is the case in any encryption...
There might be an occasion bug with the crypto system that could cause corruption or improper decryption but overall its been pretty good, all decryption its done before hand so there will be no performance hit while playing .

If you are talking about encrypted save games, depends on if you want the save games encrypted so you can transfer them to psp and back, then that's your call I prefer to use unencrypted saves, at least until more bugs are worked out. Smile

Quote: if you want the save games encrypted so you can transfer them to psp and back
doesn't work yet, the saves it generates are unreadable by a psp.
you mean it doesnt matter...before year and a half i made some decrypted psp game using sm program on jpsp that was before i know crypto engine
btw in earlier builds of jpcsp you said "encrypted game sorry we dont support piracy "" what happened??