This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't get above 6 FPS in 3rd Birthday (JPCSP)
tl;dr version:

I'm using JPCSP v0.6 2239 and trying to play 3rd Birthday. I am getting a max of 6 FPS *DURING GAMEPLAY* but I get 30-40 FPS during the opening movies.

My PC specs are below.

Is there anything I can do to get better FPS for 3rd Birthday?

Long version:

Hello all. I am having FPS issues running 3rd Birthday on JPCSP v0.6-2239. I've been searching for solutions for the last few days and have come up with nothing. This could be because I am the suck when it comes to research and I know nothing about EMUs for any console. Heh.

I think the problem may be my PC, but I'm not sure. I've since gutted one PC to enhance another one and it's still not very good as it's a very low-end dual core. Here are my specs:

eMachine W5233
CPU: Pentium D 3.00GHz (it is a dual core, just a low-end one)
RAM: 3GB
Video Card: X1650 Pro (ATI)

The reason I mentioned it's an eMachine is that I know there are issues with the JPCSP 2239 and ATI video cards. eMachine W5233 comes with an integrated nVidia card and I was thinking that it may be best to just use the onboard video card?

So... is there anything I can do here?