This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unchained Blades - NPUH10123
Fixed here, it was graphic card settings, now running in full speed and in HD
what settings did you change?
Can you borrow your emulator settings?
set vsync to always off on your nvidia or ati control panel.
When I load the umd and click run it jumps to pause.
Do I need to do something to play it.
I´m using jpcsp r2574
The game breaks when stepping onto a specific spike trap in Chapter 2, which tosses you into a 2nd spike trap (But the second spike trap does not trigger. You can still press select to change the map location around the GUI, but you cannot open the menu or move/change direction. The music still plays).
Then don't get into that trap? I'm already at chapter 6 and it's the first time I've heard of those bugs, sure it's not the same on PSP?
Using the settings from the attached log and having disabled v-sync in Catalyst I still only achieve around 8-10 FPS at the menu, during dialog, as well as in the first dungeon. Videos max out at full speed. I messed with every setting under the video tab to no effect. Here are my specs:

2GB ATI 6950 x2
16 GB 1600 ram
4.0ghz AMD 1100t

Cooling is not an issue. This is using the latest Java updates as well as the latest build from Orphis. Using both the x64 and x86 versions yielded the same results.
Enabling CLUT will generally kill FPS on ATI card.

Try these setting instead:
Code:
[ ] Disable VBO (automatically disabled if not supported)
[ ] Only GE graphics (not recommended for homebrew)
[X] Use vertex cache
[X] Use shaders (experimental)
[ ] Use a Geometry Shader for 2D rendering (only relevant when using shaders)
[X] Disable UBO (automatically disabled if not supported, only relevant when using shaders)
[ ] Enable VAO (only relevant when using shaders and vertex cache)
[X] Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory
[ ] Enable decoding of indexed textures (using CLUT) in shader (only relevant when using shaders)
[X] Enable dynamic shader generation (only relevant when using shaders, recommended for AMD/ATI)
[ ] Enable the shader implementation for the "Stencil Test" (more accurate but slower)
[ ] Enable the shader implementation for the "Color Mask" (more accurate but slower)
[ ] Disable optimized VertexInfo reading (may improve compatibility)
[ ] Use Software Rendering (very experimental, not yet complete, slow)
Thanks for the settings, I gave them a try and noticed no difference. Disabled crossfire in the event it was causing problems, but that made no difference either. Disabling audio/media engine had no effect on FPS either.