This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem With Later Versions
So I recently got a version of jpcsp running; however, it's jpcsp1772 opposed to the more recent versions that are being released. I've tried running these more recent ones, yet I always get a black box that quickly flashes and then disappears whenever I attempt to run the program. I don't really understand why my computer can ONLY run jpcsp1772, but if anyone has any insight, I would be greatly appreciative. I'm REALLY new to all of this stuff (like I just discovered it all today), and so I've been a bit lost and just working from all these threads/other sites.

Thanks for any input Smile
did you already test with latest Jpcsp from here
http://buildbot.orphis.net/jpcsp/
Mobo:Gigabyte (GA-78LMT-USB3) CPU:AMD FX-6300 RAM:G-Skill 8GB Dual-Channel DDR3 PC12800 VGA:Sapphire R7 265 2GB OS:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
Yep. I downloaded the most recent one last night, and then skimmed through the list, downloading every 20th or so one to check. I'm running on a 64-bit OS, but using 32-bit Java 7 along with downloading all of the jpcsp 32-bit versions. So, I think that all checks out according to other threads as far as having the jpcsp operate at the most stable level. I'm just not sure as to what the problem is. I THINK the screen that flashes is the one I linked to, but I'm not sure. It moves far too quickly for me to really read anything.

http://www.emunewz.net/forum/attachment.php?aid=6166
(08-04-2011, 07:34 PM)dramaqueen92 Wrote: Yep. I downloaded the most recent one last night, and then skimmed through the list, downloading every 20th or so one to check. I'm running on a 64-bit OS, but using 32-bit Java 7 along with downloading all of the jpcsp 32-bit versions. So, I think that all checks out according to other threads as far as having the jpcsp operate at the most stable level. I'm just not sure as to what the problem is. I THINK the screen that flashes is the one I linked to, but I'm not sure. It moves far too quickly for me to really read anything.

Right click on the .bat file and click edit,where it says -Xmx1024m Change it to -Xmx512m.If it starts then make it higher like -Xmx768m.If it doesn't start even with the 512 that means you don't have enough RAM
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
(08-04-2011, 07:39 PM)virgil94 Wrote:
(08-04-2011, 07:34 PM)dramaqueen92 Wrote: Yep. I downloaded the most recent one last night, and then skimmed through the list, downloading every 20th or so one to check. I'm running on a 64-bit OS, but using 32-bit Java 7 along with downloading all of the jpcsp 32-bit versions. So, I think that all checks out according to other threads as far as having the jpcsp operate at the most stable level. I'm just not sure as to what the problem is. I THINK the screen that flashes is the one I linked to, but I'm not sure. It moves far too quickly for me to really read anything.

Right click on the .bat file and click edit,where it says -Xmx1024m Change it to -Xmx512m.If it starts then make it higher like -Xmx768m.If it doesn't start even with the 512 that means you don't have enough RAM

How much RAM does it take? I've had my task manager running from the beginning trying to monitor how much RAM I had available. I have 3GB of RAM, and according to task manager only about ~1.55GB of RAM are being used at any one time. If it only takes 1GB of RAM to run the emulator, I'm not sure what the problem is.

Thanks for all the suggestions, though. I'll try a later version with that being the only thing open on my computer a bit later today and see if that changes anything.
AHHHH! It worked for some reason today. Thanks, virgil94. Moving it down to 768 got it to work. Hopefully it won't just crash and leave me searching for a reason why like it did for so many hours yesterday.
No problem,I think it didn't run because you had something that uses your ram.You can check at the task manager cuz I have only 1 gb of ram and I didn't have to change anything and it works even now
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]