This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
3D Scene export and Texture modding available in r2572
is it possible to make it output the textures in multiples of 2 size? i got one texture with 96x64 size, so it was getting stretched out because it was too small.

most 3d programs don't like textures that aren't multiples of 2, and will stretch them to fit which makes them look wrong. i had to add some extra canvas space to the wrong sized one to make it 128x64 and get it to render properly.
Fixes and improvements for 3D export in r2578:
- do not lock/overwrite export files when starting Jpcsp
- each export now done in a separate directory: export/Export-1, export/Export-2
- small performance improvement for texture modding.
- possibility to export the whole 3D scene or only the visible parts of it
(reducing the size of the exported scene)
- added support for applications reusing the same texture with different CLUTs.

Fix for problem with textures having non-power2 sizes as reported by serio is not yet implemented, will follow soon.
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(06-30-2012, 05:55 AM)gid15 Wrote: Fix for problem with textures having non-power2 sizes as reported by serio is not yet implemented, will follow soon.
Should now be implemented in r2579 (but I could not test it).
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
Quote:- possibility to export the whole 3D scene or only the visible parts of it (reducing the size of the exported scene)
i tried this one, but the result was pretty much the same. both options dumped the entire scene anyway. it's in castlevania btw, tried to use it during a boss battle, but it also grabbed the rest of the stage.
(06-30-2012, 01:33 PM)serio Wrote:
Quote:- possibility to export the whole 3D scene or only the visible parts of it (reducing the size of the exported scene)
i tried this one, but the result was pretty much the same. both options dumped the entire scene anyway. it's in castlevania btw, tried to use it during a boss battle, but it also grabbed the rest of the stage.
Well, it is not really only exporting the visible part of the scene. The PSP has the ability to avoid rendering parts of the scene which are not visible, but this has to be used/programmed by the game developers (BBOX/BJUMP). The export is using the same feature. If the programmers are not using it, both exports will export the whole scene.
oh, i see.

btw. is it possible to also dump 2d graphics, so that you could use the texture replacement option for 2d parts just as well as 3d ones?
sorry to be a evil presence lurking here on thsi thread but... can the characters be extracted with their animations nullified? you know? is just that im having a hard time to unpose every single one of them, then baking textures so all i can do is this ugly crap... or just to find a way to do the same using cw cheat?? like when people began to rip smash bros brawl characters using the emulator before someone coded a converter for it.

[Image: 324453_458034264241298_648561060_o.jpg]
[Image: banner.jpg]
Pure awesomeness
Off topic ! :
questions i would like the devs to reply to them if they can:
1. how long did it take you to become a java guru? or atleast an intermediate java programmer?
2. how did you know how the psp works? do you like insert some kind of cables from the psp to the computer and look at how the bios works and stuff? or did you just dump something from the psp to computer to know how it works?
3. does jpcsp have any C++ in it?
4. Would C++ patches work on jpcsp (or atleast any java-based program)?
5. Does jpcsp have any low-level programming (like assembly? i doubt)?
6. Is jpcsp a full java-based program? or does it include any other programming language?

I know this is very very offtopic, but i would just want to take the chance to ask them and get the reply soon..
[Image: vincent_valentine_signature_by_rui_eri-d2zbu8z.png]
(09-10-2012, 03:34 AM)FRANKASTER Wrote: sorry to be a evil presence lurking here on thsi thread but... can the characters be extracted with their animations nullified? you know? is just that im having a hard time to unpose every single one of them, then baking textures so all i can do is this ugly crap... or just to find a way to do the same using cw cheat?? like when people began to rip smash bros brawl characters using the emulator before someone coded a converter for it.
I've just added Issue 318 ( http://code.google.com/p/jpcsp/issues/detail?id=318 ) to follow-up on your enhancement request.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Ok tried the exporting option to see something and....how can I use the modified textures instead of the game's default ones? I'm trying to find that out but I can't seem to do it
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]