This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
3D Scene export and Texture modding available in r2572
I was trying in 3rd birthday, on one level it crashed when exporting, but I tried again and it worked, trying to reproduce it to see if i can find the error msg :p

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I've fixed several issues in r2575:
- textures are now exported in 32-bit PNG format (instead of 32-bit BMP which
was not supported by all 3D modeling applications)
- texture face (front/back) and orientation (clockwise/counter-clockwise) should
now be correct
- texture should no longer be upside-down

Could you check if the textures are now displayed correctly?
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
could you make it so that it doesn't create the obj/mtl files at program start and lock them up until it's closed, and generate a new one if it's missing when you press the dump button (i tried to prevent it from writing more into the same file by forcefully deleting the file, but then it simply didn't save the new obj data anywhere)?

that way you could move the obj file out of the folder along with its textures to have it all separated from other rips instead of having to close and reopen the emulator to free the file up, since i get missing/corrupted geometry and textures if i try to dump multiple scenes.

edit: while the corrupted header textures and upside down problems are gone, the inverted triangles/textures problem's still there. programs like blender and such will trick you into thinking it's fixed, but try to load it in 3ds max or other programs that use culling stuff and you'll see they're actually full of holes.

[Image: drac1.png]
should look like this.
wow thanks now this eases a lot of stuff, actually i can now see stuff as soon as i rip it and no more texture extra work, but might i beg you too look why some parts of some texture looks like vomit when in the game looks fine?

ANYWAYS THANKS AND KEEP THE GOOD WORK
[Image: banner.jpg]
(06-27-2012, 05:42 PM)serio Wrote: could you make it so that it doesn't create the obj/mtl files at program start and lock them up until it's closed, and generate a new one if it's missing when you press the dump button (i tried to prevent it from writing more into the same file by forcefully deleting the file, but then it simply didn't save the new obj data anywhere)?
Thanks for the suggestion, I will implement it. I could also export at each in a different subdirectory, e.g. export/Export1, export/Export2, export/Export3...
(06-27-2012, 05:42 PM)serio Wrote: edit: while the corrupted header textures and upside down problems are gone, the inverted triangles/textures problem's still there. programs like blender and such will trick you into thinking it's fixed, but try to load it in 3ds max or other programs that use culling stuff and you'll see they're actually full of holes.
Could you reproduce the problem in a free 3D modeler? I'm using blender, but it is not perfect... could someone recommend another good one?
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
3d max is a good one,don't know if it's a good modeler but milkshape.
It would be nice to have them separated
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
milkshape 3d doesn't like to import high poly models from what iv seen (usually will abort with a error)

A few I tried are gmax (free 3dmax clone) needs a obj import script though and it sucks for anything else :p, xwings3d is nice for rendering and smoothing the models out (that was with my screenshot above), and its opengl, DeleD CE is also nice though slow to import Tongue

I used to have maya but cant find my dvds anywhere.
hi Sculptris software 19Mb For windows and mac It's free (Only need e-mail For send link download) support import .obj files CRTL + shift + E -> change select Obj file -> select obj file Big Grin
http://www.pixologic.com/sculptris/

edit : add photo

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: 1388267.png]
i can't find any free program that can show this problem (all of those listed here so far don't, either because they can't/won't texture the model or they render as 2 sided), but doesn't 3ds max have a free 30 days trial?

edit: i found the problem. it only happens in an old version of 3d studio max, new one doesn't seem to have that problem. maybe its obj importing was bugged. i should stop using outdated software, lol. the face/orientation fix fixed a really nasty bug i had in the new version which now renders them mostly correctly.

i get another bug though, stuff that should be 2 sided becomes 1 sided. it's a flat 2 sided square with a texture pasted on it, it should be visible on both sides but only works on one. not sure if it's another one of 3d viewer/editor things though.

also some things it dumps are just too large to load, especially when after the dump i get over 6000 models/objects. i'm running out of memory trying to load those things for some reason (i guess the reason being 3dsmax being horribly unoptimized, since the same thing loads in an open source one fully and takes less than 200 mb of ram, compared to 3dsmax's 700+ mb after which it breaks), so i wonder if it's possible to have an option to make it crop off the things that are off screen (something like 'capture only visible geometry') and save as a separate obj file.
thanks to all