This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
programming
(06-23-2012, 09:11 AM)hyakki Wrote: I guess they start like everyone does with "hello world", then from there lots of reading, expensive programs, maybe a collage class or two, years and years of work.

oh you made it dark for me years and years of programming Huh
you know after a 2 weeks i ll finish my bac and go to college after 4 months , i plan to go to medical college thats mean six years of studiyng not to mention that i waited this 4 months of vacation for a year Tongue
well i ll give it a shot
btw there is you tube guide called thenewboston about java i ll stick with it Big Grin
4 months vacation? how lucky you are,I have only 2 months
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
I'm learning some C#, and by the end of first course, I will be able to make my own (no AI) chess program, and by the end of my second course, I'll be able to make my own 2D games (maybe 3D if I learn more 3D modeling/animation Smile ). Unfortunately I'm not really all that good yet, and Hykem and Gid are lightyears ahead of me. I have made a few programs but most of them don't have real-world applications Tongue
(06-23-2012, 10:21 AM)virgil94 Wrote: 4 months vacation? how lucky you are,I have only 2 months

you dont have to study a whole year for passing the final exam
you know i am studying right now i have a chemistry exam after 2 days .actually the exams lasts for 1 month
any way
dont be sad i know we are beginners but after all no one is born a programmer .all of them had to study hard the same to us.
btw who want to learn java from zero with me ?? i need a couple so that we can help each other
(06-23-2012, 04:58 PM)shin x Wrote: btw who want to learn java from zero with me ?? i need a couple so that we can help each other

Actually if you couldn't mind waiting until July, and didn't want to rush through it super fast, then I wouldn't mind learning Java as well Smile I have to wait until July since I have to finish up my school Tongue Deadline is June 30 and well I kinda procrastinated Tongue Plus do they have free Java stuff online or would I have to buy books and stuff?

And another thing, I hear from a lot of people (well not really a lot but I've heard it...) that if one were to learn programming, they should learn to program for mobile devices, as mobile devices are killing desktops -_- Yes I am quit saddened by this as I like my higher power, and many more features, over mobility...seriously I hate those touchscreens!
you know since the beginning of this month i ve been using a smart phone to use internet . my pc is taken by my parents because i have exams!!
i wait till 3 july . i ll just pm you if any thing changeWink
@ventusrocks

I hate touch screens too...

Always typoed when using them while posting in forums... Tongue

Anyone got an idea how to be pro with touch screens? Idea
i use touch screen .samsung smart phone
you want to be a pro ?? then just use touch screen and get used to it Wink
you know sometimes my smart phone acts like idiot phone Tongue
Unfortunately I think that 3D modeling/animation, and programming, would be two very hard things to do on a touch screen Sad
(06-25-2012, 01:19 PM)ventusrocks Wrote: Unfortunately I think that 3D modeling/animation, and programming, would be two very hard things to do on a touch screen Sad

leave the touch screen and make a program on a pc . as i remember i saw mobile java game emulator on pc , that would help Idea
btw you disabled pm Huh hope you enable it Big Grin