This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shader problem JPCSP
psp 
I have been trying for a while and was getting really close to playable games. I played crisis core fine on a much older version. The problem is now no matter what version I try of JPCSP whenever I have Shaders enabled I get a purple and white screen. Once I disable them it goes to normal everything else works. But game will always crash without them. Is this a new problem or is it something with my hardware. Older and newer versions of JPCSP are doing this.

here is my setup.
Java 64 bit completely updated
Currently trying jpcsp build 3140 Using 64 bit version
Config: Video
use shaders
enable saving GE to textures instead of memory
Enable dynamic shader generation
Audio: Nothing checked
Memory:
Ignore invalid Memory access
Media:
use media engine
decode audio files with sonic stage
use debug font
Compiler:
Use compiler
Set size to 100
My system specs are
3.0ghz 6 core
8 gig ddr3 1600
650 watt PSU
6950 radeon
all drivers updated 13.4 catalyst driver. Only using sonic stage 4.2

Thanks for any help.
i have exactly the same problem. this happened 2 days ago when i decided to update the catalyst drivers. with old drivers (from 2011) shaders used to work.
(05-15-2013, 11:31 AM)bigal80ak Wrote: I have been trying for a while and was getting really close to playable games. I played crisis core fine on a much older version. The problem is now no matter what version I try of JPCSP whenever I have Shaders enabled I get a purple and white screen. Once I disable them it goes to normal everything else works. But game will always crash without them. Is this a new problem or is it something with my hardware. Older and newer versions of JPCSP are doing this.

here is my setup.
Java 64 bit completely updated
Currently trying jpcsp build 3140 Using 64 bit version
Config: Video
use shaders
enable saving GE to textures instead of memory
Enable dynamic shader generation
Audio: Nothing checked
Memory:
Ignore invalid Memory access
Media:
use media engine
decode audio files with sonic stage
use debug font
Compiler:
Use compiler
Set size to 100
My system specs are
3.0ghz 6 core
8 gig ddr3 1600
650 watt PSU
6950 radeon
all drivers updated 13.4 catalyst driver. Only using sonic stage 4.2

Thanks for any help.
The reason for the problem is probably the catalyst driver.
Could you post a log file while running for example the cube demo? Maybe an error will be listed in the log.
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
Well I will try reverting to an old driver and seeing if that helps I turned shaders off and got dissidia to work but in battle and in map the screen is almost completely grey and fuzy
(05-15-2013, 11:31 AM)bigal80ak Wrote: all drivers updated 13.4 catalyst driver.

This is the culprit, the shaders are completely broken in 13.4.
Uninstall it and install 13.5 Beta and it will work.
CPU: Intel C2D E8500 @4.2 GHZ GPU: MSI Radeon 6870 Twin Frozr II 1024MB (920/1050)
RAM: 2x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR2-1066 5-5-5-15
Thanks removed old drivers installed 13.5b beta and works. I still get constant crashes and cannot get past intro for The war of the lions though any help?