This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Sorry, but another "Critical error Jpcsp cannot display" user...
I'm trying to do that, but Avast has several shields (like 8) with different exception lists and it's pretty confusing. Anyways, I put Jpcsp folder in all the exception lists I could find, but the error window keeps popping out. Only totally deactivating Avast works for now...
Maybe someone who knows more about Avast could help...
looooool avast !!! it always deleted my trainers and my progs even i put them in the exception list !!! that is why i hate antiviruses !!!i prefer to be eaten by viruses rather than restoring my progs exe every time
btw i was using the free version of avast(free4ever)
(09-22-2012, 09:38 AM)RoyalBlood Wrote: In my case, it seems that Avast Antivirus was blocking jpcsp and it gave me that critical error. I just disabled all the shields while playing the game and the problem was solved.

(11-18-2012, 05:15 PM)shin x Wrote: looooool avast !!! it always deleted my trainers and my progs even i put them in the exception list !!! that is why i hate antiviruses !!!i prefer to be eaten by viruses rather than restoring my progs exe every time
btw i was using the free version of avast(free4ever)

It's a good antivirus, but, yes, this is annoying Tongue
(11-18-2012, 07:47 PM)pikapikapika Wrote: It's a good antivirus, but, yes, this is annoying Tongue
I disagree. I used to have it until one day a trojan block it, uninstall it and block me from installing another antivirus hahahaha. His protection is very weak against unknow threat.

About the problem it is giving to you, maybe you have other antivirus or secure suit before install Avast; if that is the case, maybe an old config is in conflict between the 2 protection programs. (Even the old one is "uninstalled")
[Image: montcer.png]
(09-22-2012, 09:38 AM)RoyalBlood Wrote: In my case, it seems that Avast Antivirus was blocking jpcsp and it gave me that critical error. I just disabled all the shields while playing the game and the problem was solved.

(11-18-2012, 08:03 PM)montcer9012 Wrote:
(11-18-2012, 07:47 PM)pikapikapika Wrote: It's a good antivirus, but, yes, this is annoying Tongue
I disagree. I used to have it until one day a trojan block it, uninstall it and block me from installing another antivirus hahahaha. His protection is very weak against unknow threat.

About the problem it is giving to you, maybe you have other antivirus or secure suit before install Avast; if that is the case, maybe an old config is in conflict between the 2 protection programs. (Even the old one is "uninstalled")

Oh, I see...and what can I do???
I use Microsoft Security Essentials, it's free does a great job and good on system resources.
But really it comes down to how you or (who?) uses your pc, if your pc is open for everyone to use then you might want a strong AV.
I don't know, It's a bit too much to change my AV just to use the emulator...in fact my computer can't run any PSP game with a little bit of 3D, so... my only hope is to find a way Avast don't block Jpcsp...
try to exclude java directory in your system usually it is C:\Program Files\Java\ or for further exclusion
C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin >>>>>>>if you use java 7 and win7 >>>
But if you are only playing on JPCSP i don't see a possible threat on the way; just disconnect from the internet (So all incoming/outgoing packets stops) and disable Avast. Also, it will bring you some boost because it will stop using your machine recourses, which you said aren't powerful enough to run 3d games.
[Image: montcer.png]
hi everyone im getting the same critical error, however, i do not have any type of antivirus software on my PC at all. ive tried everyones suggestions other than getting a better graphics card. any ideas? i thought about disabling my firewall or adding jpcsp as an exception...too worried it might put my sytem at serious risk Sad what do you guys think?