This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ps3
ps2 
hi
on what language the emu is bases?
what is the requirements for it?
you said you said you dont suppert comercial games
will you support them in the future?
Smile
The emulator is in a very early stage.
Commercial games cannot be run right now because the hardware emulation is very incomplete, it still support only a little number of the CPU and GPU calls/opcodes, and the overall interface is yet very simple. Not to mention the emulation engine right now is an interpreter, which will be *very* slow for any commercial games. In time, whenever the core code is robust enough for that, I'm guessing the interpreter will eventually be replaced by a Dynamic Recompiler, probably a JIT recompiler or something like that. At least that's how emulators usually progress. (It was that way with N64, PS2, GC/Wii, etc)

Commercial games will be supported when the emulation is mature enough to run them, and that will take time to happen.

I'm not sure if I understood you correctly, but if you are asking about the GUI language it is in english, and personally I don't think it is worth to implement any kind of multilingual interface yet, the GUI is likely to change a lot as new features and settings are implemented.

I'll probably write a FAQ about this later today and post here.
[Image: BowserCartSmallAni.gif]
My Rig:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2 GHz Stock
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 1GB GDDR5
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-870A-USB3 AM3+ Revision
RAM: Geil 4GB Dual Channel @ 1600Mhz
Hello shin x,

(06-15-2012, 02:36 PM)shin x Wrote: on what language the emu is bases?
Visual C++
(06-15-2012, 02:36 PM)shin x Wrote: what is the requirements for it?
Can't say exactly, but "mediocre hardware of 2010" (DualCore CPU ~2GHz; 1Gb RAM; GeForce 8800GT/Radeon HD4850) should be enough for running simple homebrew. Smile
(06-15-2012, 02:36 PM)shin x Wrote: you said you said you dont suppert comercial games
will you support them in the future?
Smile
Because it's on earlier stage of development, as Runo mentioned above. Alot of features, which required to run commercial game(s) not implemented.
(06-15-2012, 03:42 PM)BlackDaemon Wrote:
(06-15-2012, 02:36 PM)shin x Wrote: on what language the emu is bases?
Visual C++

Oh, lols, he meant programming language Big GrinBig Grin

My Rig:
So basically, I don't need to purchase a BD drive now? Big Grin

BTW, do the drive recognize PS3 discs?
Yeah, wait another five years. Big Grin

That's a good question btw, would be nice to know, I have a friend who has a blue-ray drive, I'll borrow a ps3 disk from someone to see if legal dumping is that easy for ps3. It will be nice if it is, most of piracy in emulators happen because people don't want the bother of dumping.
My Rig:
that is right
i'll be very happy if we can actually ran a ps3 game five years from now, even though at 1 fps....Heart