This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Forum on emunewz network! rpcs3, the first ps3 emulator
emunewz internals 
Author of rpcs3 , The first emulator for ps3 that it's capable to run a small amount of homebrew agreed to host rpcs3 official forum at emunew network.

Visit the new forum at :

http://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=162
That was quick,didn't expect to realease it so soon
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
I don't expect it to play any commercial games for at least ten years from now or so.

I'd like to be wrong though.
I couldn't care less for commercial games on a ps3 emulator. It would be great to have it running more homebrew in the near future though!
Awesome work btw!
It will be useful if you want to play homebrews but you can't put an cfw to your ps3Big Grin
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
(06-15-2012, 11:43 AM)nickblame Wrote: I couldn't care less for commercial games on a ps3 emulator. It would be great to have it running more homebrew in the near future though!
Awesome work btw!

lol might as well play PC homebrew game instead then.

And any emulator author would want their work to be complete, perfectly emulating the system its based on (some add extra beneficial features along the way).
every emulation has to start from something. Me , as a founder of pcsx2 emulator flashes back to 2001 , when v0.042 of pcsx2 was released and everyone claimed that pcsx2 will never run commercial games.

The same story continued in 2008 when i started the first next generation emulator (psp) in java (jpcsp) and i remember one comment from one of the currents pcsp,pspe4all author (hlide) who said "good like run a commercial game in more than 1 fps"

What i am saying is that everything seems impossible but most of the times it isn't .Just give it TIME
(06-15-2012, 12:33 PM)shadow Wrote: every emulation has to start from something. Me , as a founder of pcsx2 emulator flashes back to 2001 , when v0.042 of pcsx2 was released and everyone claimed that pcsx2 will never run commercial games.

The same story continued in 2008 when i started the first next generation emulator (psp) in java (jpcsp) and i remember one comment from one of the currents pcsp,pspe4all author (hlide) who said "good like run a commercial game in more than 1 fps"

What i am saying is that everything seems impossible but most of the times it isn't .Just give it TIME

hem, I'm still thinking Java is not the best way to run ALL commercial games at full speed. And I don't remember to write this sentence exactly this way. :p

Old pcsp can run some game WITHOUT recompiler (simple interpreter) as fast as JPCSP WITH recompiler (using JIT I guess).
(06-15-2012, 12:33 PM)shadow Wrote: every emulation has to start from something. Me , as a founder of pcsx2 emulator flashes back to 2001 , when v0.042 of pcsx2 was released and everyone claimed that pcsx2 will never run commercial games.

Oh I absolutely agree with you, my initial post even was hoping my own prediction to be wrong.

But sadly, your post reinforce it even more; it's more than 10 years since its inception and it's just recently that budget PC can run pcsx2 comfortably.

So 10 years is probably a safe bet (optimistically speaking, since afaik PS3 is way more complicated than any of its predecessor).
(06-15-2012, 01:03 PM)hlide Wrote:

hem, I'm still thinking Java is not the best way to run ALL commercial games at full speed. And I don't remember to write this sentence exactly this way. :p

Old pcsp can run some game WITHOUT recompiler (simple interpreter) as fast as JPCSP WITH recompiler (using JIT I guess).

hahahaha this is funny Big Grin
come on admins troll the front! err storm the front! Tongue