This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movie playback with audio off-sync
There are games which FMVs are either too fast or too slow in terms of playback meanwhile audio is playing at normal speed. Because of that audio is either don't play to the end (because when the movie segment is over, the game just skip the rest of the audio) or do play to the end but still have to wait for the end of the (now silent) movie. Is there some way to fix this?
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 7850 2.80 GHz RAM: 4GB VGA: ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB/256bit
(07-26-2011, 01:01 PM)megaten666 Wrote: There are games which FMVs are either too fast or too slow in terms of playback meanwhile audio is playing at normal speed. Because of that audio is either don't play to the end (because when the movie segment is over, the game just skip the rest of the audio) or do play to the end but still have to wait for the end of the (now silent) movie. Is there some way to fix this?

Hmm...
Could you please tell us one game where this is more noticeable? Thanks! Smile
(07-26-2011, 05:11 PM)Hykem Wrote:
(07-26-2011, 01:01 PM)megaten666 Wrote: There are games which FMVs are either too fast or too slow in terms of playback meanwhile audio is playing at normal speed. Because of that audio is either don't play to the end (because when the movie segment is over, the game just skip the rest of the audio) or do play to the end but still have to wait for the end of the (now silent) movie. Is there some way to fix this?

Hmm...
Could you please tell us one game where this is more noticeable? Thanks! Smile

Of course! Smile

For too fast movies:
- Bleach - Soul Carnival 2

For too slow ones:
- Ys Seven
- Ys vs Sora no Kiseki
- Ys Chronicles

Also there is a strange flickering in Bleach - Heat the Soul 6's opening movie, when I enable GE screen.
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 7850 2.80 GHz RAM: 4GB VGA: ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB/256bit
(07-26-2011, 09:59 PM)megaten666 Wrote: For too slow ones:
- Ys Seven
- Ys vs Sora no Kiseki
- Ys Chronicles

This is already a known problem with these games (and almost all Falcom games like Brandish, Sora no Kiseki FC, SC, 3rd, Zwei!!, Ys: The Oath in Felghana). It's because the movies have no sound at all and the audio is played from a separate AT3 file. So in a way it just "simulates" it would play a movie with sound but in fact it plays the movie and alongside it plays the music. I'm not sure if it is possible to synchronize these two things.
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
Also try the intro movie of Tantei Opera Mily Homes.
audio is normal but movie is on fast forward.

Its the exact same thing that Darth1701 said the movie is separate from the audio file which is in AT3 format.
CPU: Intel C2D E8500 @4.2 GHZ GPU: MSI Radeon 6870 Twin Frozr II 1024MB (920/1050)
RAM: 2x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR2-1066 5-5-5-15
Same problem with 3rd Birthday while playing any FMVs . It is very noticeable with subs displayed. I don't have a powerfull config, and any very small video lag/spike/latency add-up together to slowly desynch video and audio. I hope there will be a way to synch the audio with the video (implmenting real AT3 support? but solid documentation seems missing, as expected from a proprietary format).
Yesterday, I was experimenting a little with the options, and find out, that too fast movies fixable if you disable "only GE graphics". In fact, the only option enabled was "Saving GE screen textures instead of memory" which caused slower gameplay.