This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
upgrading pc for jpcsp?
yes i meant desktop model
i think they both have 4 cores but as i said i7 has that tech to show 8 cores i heard sm1 say there no big diffrence if you use i5 or i7 . in general you cant see diffrence in cpu or gpu unless you are a programmer or a benchmarker or a gamer that want full fps on very high setting
for a desktop you need a new mb and new ram and new gpu and new cpu that would be expensive if you want i7
^ Agreed, if I were going to buy a new i7 system, I need to starve for 2 months...Sad
yeah I have a first gen I7 920 , and it has HT, I did several tests in dolphin and pcsx2 awhile back to see if HT did help any and I only saw around a 1-3 fps increase on both games (Cpu intense games like sotc for pcsx2, and xenoblade for dolphin)

but It does help compile speed in Visual Studio and some other applications, overall response of the system, the only thing I don't like about HT is it can really heat the CPU up if something can fully utilize it, I have never seen it hurt performance though like some have claimed.

My next pc might be an I5, but the lure of the i7 is always there :p
hi hyakki have you played Final fantasy type-0 (jap) ??? can you maintain max speed?