This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show your psp
I know on my PSP, with the custom firmware enabled, when I would try to play games over the TV, the screen would be shifted to the right, so far, that you would see the left half of the screen on the right and the right half of the screen on the left. That was kind of annoying, considering I don't like swapping UMDs all the time. However, there's this homebrew software I have called module checker, which checks your PSP module number (I used this to determine which way I needed to add my custom firmware in), and this actually makes the display work correctly on the TV.

Also, on my pic, I didn't realize that you could see me taking the photo! LOL.

Another game for my PSP that I find surprisingly addictive is Crystal Defenders; it's a 2D game pretty much, and it costs $10 on the PSN (released by Square-Enix, but it's such a small download [13 mb] they didn't bother releasing it on UMD). Basically you add your jobs/classes to different parts of the field, click the button to make monsters come through (usually 20 of the same monster it will tell you of in advance), and your goal is to kill all of them before they reach the end of the stage; otherwise they steal your crystals (you start with 20). You also get to upgrade your classes at any time. Plus, you get more money (used for recruiting and upgrading classes) based on how much you have left at the end of the round. There's also a fast-forward button so you don't have to watch the slow monsters walk across the screen, through all the twists and turns...lol. I really think the purchase was worth it; definitely try out the demo, and you'll see what I mean Big Grin
Quote:P.S. What kind of games are you interested in Serio?
mostly platformers and fighting games, sometimes beatemups and rpgs too.

also i use cfw mostly for the plugins, and ease of game ripping. with cfw pro the psp hands you the game on a silver platter, already in iso format, all you have to do is copy the file from psp to pc.
(06-11-2012, 05:22 PM)virgil94 Wrote: I use the cfw to make Isos from games,it's easier than downloading the game.Hombrew are also very handly,once my mouse stopped working so I used the psp as a mouse.If you have a 1000 psp(like me) you can use it as a remote control for the tv,dvd player,etc

psp as a mouse?
but doesnt that make it a rat ?
just kidding
how ??????Huh
With psp disp.The analog controler moves the mouse,O is right click,X is left click.Very easy,you can do it via USB or WIFI
Should I make a tutorial?
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
(06-12-2012, 04:57 PM)virgil94 Wrote: With psp disp.The analog controler moves the mouse,O is right click,X is left click.Very easy,you can do it via USB or WIFI
Should I make a tutorial?

you mean like making the joystick a mouse via a program in pc ??
i got itBig Grin
Yeah,you can also use it as a gamepad for games,tried in GTA san andreas
(06-11-2012, 05:22 PM)virgil94 Wrote: If you have a 1000 psp(like me) you can use it as a remote control for the tv,dvd player,etc

I take it this is with bluetooth or something, where the newer models are lacking?
No,infrared connection.Only the psp 1000 is able to do this using IRshell.It's nice when you have a sister that doesn't want to give the remote XD
psp 
(06-13-2012, 01:55 PM)virgil94 Wrote: No,infrared connection.Only the psp 1000 is able to do this using IRshell.It's nice when you have a sister that doesn't want to give the remote XD

xD Too bad, we don't have much, or anything that is, in the way of English channels on TV Sad So we just have to stick with what DVD's we purchased in the States; we'd buy them here, except they're ALL pirated -_- . We definitely don't want to support that. I can't believe it, it's not even remotely illegal here! People SELL pirated DVDs and then people buy them...although I like to stick with the legal stuff myself Smile For some reason I have a better feeling playing my games from the UMD; then I don't use up memory card space Tongue

Are there any good plugins I should get for my PSP that do things I obviously couldn't anyway?
Quote:I can't believe it, it's not even remotely illegal here! People SELL pirated DVDs and then people buy them...
it happens in all poor/developing countries (happens here too).

also if you're not adverse to cheating, cwcheat's a good plugin (and you can use it to read walkthroughs and other faqs while ingame). popsloader is good too, you can use it to convert your ps1 game rips into psp executables, and play your favorites on the psp without having to buy them the second time from psn, or not being able to because they aren't sold in your region or were never released for psn.