This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Java 7
Are you guys using it? If not should I still download the JDK? I'm hoping it'll give a speed boost.
One more time!
(07-20-2011, 06:27 PM)beanclr Wrote: Are you guys using it? If not should I still download the JDK? I'm hoping it'll give a speed boost.
Not yet. I will give it a try when an official release is available. However, considering the feature list, I do not expect much impact on Jpcsp.
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(07-20-2011, 06:48 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(07-20-2011, 06:27 PM)beanclr Wrote: Are you guys using it? If not should I still download the JDK? I'm hoping it'll give a speed boost.
Not yet. I will give it a try when an official release is available. However, considering the feature list, I do not expect much impact on Jpcsp.

I've run a few tests with it a while ago and it still suffers from some stability issues, which seem to have been getting fixed lately (for instance, Puzzle Bobble was executing way too fast and causing crashes all over). Hopefully, by the time the official release is launched there shouldn't be any problems with this.
There were indeed a couple of games that suffered a small speed boost, but like gid stated, don't expect much from it, specially for heavy game titles that rely a lot on 3D processing.
Okay, Its suppose to be coming out the 28 this month but don't hold your breath since Oracle did say in a video they would be releasing java 7 on the 7th this month too but got push back. =O I'm glad to see you guys are watching its release too.
One more time!