This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gungnir: Masou no Gunjin to Eiyuu Sensou - ULJM057779
Tested with Jpcsp x86 SVN 2211
Settings: Use Media Engine and Decode audio files with SonicStage

Works good, only a few graphical glitches (getting an item and War Reports at day's end) and massive slowdowns during moments with lots of effects (GUI uses lots of them)

Couldn't find save option in the game so still unaware whether saving works or not.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Game crashes during the scene where Giulio receives the Gungnir (after losing the 4th battle).
More accurately actually, the screen goes blank and nothing is shown on screen but the sound indicates that the scene is running normally, however after finishing this scene the game completely crashes afterwards.

My specs:
VGA MSI|R5770 HAWK 1G RT
MEM 4Gx2|CORSAIR CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 R
CPU AMD|PH II X4 965 3.4G AM3 RT
MB ASUS M4A87TD/USB3 AMD 870 R
Windows 7 64 bit operating system

Config:
Media Engine - enabled
Decode audio files with SonicStage - enabled
Rest is default settings

Forgot to mention I am using r2570 of the PCSP. Hopefully that isn't the problem since there seems to be a newer version.

Anyone have any idea for a solution? I've try re-running the scene but it crashes each time and the scene is lengthy to get to.

Thanks for the help.
you need to post a log of the crash, otherwise nobody'll know what's going on with it.

instructions: http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=70898
Ah sorry about that. Here's the log if I did it correctly.

Attached Files
.zip   log.zip (Size: 11.36 KB / Downloads: 88)
The problem is still persisting. Anyone have any solutions?

The game went blank at approximately this line:
1559012 at3mem thread WARN hle.sceDisplay sceDisplaySetFrameBuf(topaddr=0x0, bufferwidth=0, pixelformat=3, syncType=1) (blocking display output)

Game crashes at about here:
1588985 user_main ERROR memory read32 - Invalid memory address : 0xFF000004 PC=0881B300
does pressing run a few time help?
I've tried that. Heres what it says in the log:

1596559 user_main ERROR memory read32 - Invalid memory address : 0xFF000000 PC=0881B390
1597023 user_main ERROR memory read32 - Invalid memory address : 0x4 PC=0881B300
1597232 user_main ERROR memory read32 - Invalid memory address : 0x0 PC=0881B390
1597444 user_main ERROR memory read32 - Invalid memory address : 0x4 PC=0881B300
Found the solution. It was posted elsewhere so I really should have tried harder to search for this stuff...

Use these settings in config: User vertex cache, Use shaders (experimental), Enable saving GE screen, Enable decoding of indexed texture, and Disable optimized VertexInfo.

The Enable saving GE screen is necessary during the scene which I mentioned and nothing will show without it added, however it massively lags up any event scene so disable it when possible. You can simply re-enable if an error occurs.

In addition there still are some scenes that seem to crash but all you have to do is click on the Run button a few times. Hope this helps!