This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
why does java not use 100% CPU
How much FPS do you get when running the skinning demo (Load file -> demos -> skinning.pbp) when enabling only the following options under the Video tab:
- Use vertex cache
- Use shaders
Please include a log file (see my signature).
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
here ya go some screens I tried to find the logs and all I got blank

normal size screen
[Image: 6135961.jpg]

stretched
[Image: 6135969.jpg]

logs its blank
[Image: 6135977.jpg]

are these OK
(07-20-2011, 12:46 PM)anito9999 Wrote: here ya go some screens I tried to find the logs and all I got blank
A log file is generated with the name "log.html".

But the performance of your graphics card seems to be fine. What was your CPU load while running the test application?

Could you post a log file of the game where you have performance problems? Which FPS do you reach?
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
heres the log you asked I am trying to play the 3rd birthday and my max FPS is 25-30 and it dips to 17-20 I am in the first mission after the tutorial
and my cpu usage of java is ranging in from 40-58% max and I noticed that when it dips frames the cpu use drops to 40% and goes back up to 50% and above after that it runs a few fine frames and then dips again as I said in the first post changing Java.exe priority from normal, above normal, and High changes nothing but when I used realtime CPU usage boost from a mere 40-55% to 50-68% and then the dips disappears and I get a playable game I could play it now but I am still very much wonderin about why its doin that

PS:
sorry bout that forgot to answer your question when running the skinning app I got around 38-49% cpu and its not dipping frames LOL

Attached Files
.html   log.html (Size: 2.84 KB / Downloads: 102)
(07-20-2011, 02:12 PM)anito9999 Wrote: heres the log you asked I am trying to play the 3rd birthday and my max FPS is 25-30 and it dips to 17-20 I am in the first mission after the tutorial
and my cpu usage of java is ranging in from 40-58% max and I noticed that when it dips frames the cpu use drops to 40% and goes back up to 50% and above after that it runs a few fine frames and then dips again as I said in the first post changing Java.exe priority from normal, above normal, and High changes nothing but when I used realtime CPU usage boost from a mere 40-55% to 50-68% and then the dips disappears and I get a playable game I could play it now but I am still very much wonderin about why its doin that

PS:
sorry bout that forgot to answer your question when running the skinning app I got around 38-49% cpu and its not dipping frames LOL
Hmmm... your log file is almost empty, this is not normal. Are you sure you have set the log level to INFO before loading the game? and that you are using a fresh installation from http://buildbot.orphis.net/jpcsp/ (i.e. an installation where you have not tweaked the log settings using Debug -> Tools -> Logger -> Customize...).

BTW, from the video posted on the game thread, a FPS around 20 seems to be normal. So I don't think there is something wrong...
I also has this problem with fate extra, jpcsp doesn't utilize all the cores and stuck at low fps. I tried running the game on my friend's 2600K and it ran at full fps (60 or 30 with enable ge graphics only).

My spec :
AMD Phenom II X3 3.2GHz
ATi HD4850 1GB

I've included the log file. Thanks. Blush

Attached Files
.zip   log.zip (Size: 4.1 KB / Downloads: 82)
I can attest that there is a huge compability problem between CPUs. I have never been able to run any game using JPCSP at full speed besides Dissidia 012, even though my computer usually lingers around 30-50% total usage, both GPU and CPU wise.

Hoping to see this is something that will improve. I should add that I don't understand how people claim to gain full speed with PCSX2 because I can't. Tried Devil May Cry and I can at most get 40 FPS even using speed hacks and I notice that it's laggy at 40, which is laughable seeing I run Devil May Cry 4 PC version at 1920*1080 resolution with max graphics settings and get a steady 120 FPS almost everywhere.

Anyway, just felt like tossing that out that PCSX2 is not as good as most people seem to claim. It is more developed than JPCSP but it's not like when I run PCSX or P64 where I am guaranteed full speed regardless of game.
For PCSX2 it depend heavily on games, just like JPCSP, or most other emulator out there. I *can* play some games in full speed with pcsx2, same with JPCSP.
To clarify: the point of my previous post was that a lot of people often compare JPCSP to PCSX2, claiming the latter is better because it has been developed much longer when this is not necesssarily true at all.
Apple to orange comparison, best to just ignore people like that. :p