This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JPCSP runs like crap!!
Does my computer just suck or something?!

I have the intel i5 480M 2.67 GHz notebook with the integrated Intel HD Graphics Card. 6 GB DDR3 Ram. WTF?! Can JPCSP only run on super computers?!

Are there any settings I can adjust to make this thing playable?!
Seeing as its a notebook that alone should tell you one thing, another thing is Intel graphics cards suck for gaming. Your ram and Processor are the only 2 things good about your computer, if the processor even is.(idk if thats considered a good processor seeing as its a notebook)

I have a very crappy computer(look at my sig to see specs) and I can still get at least 50% out of most games. The best way to put it is, to be able to run JPCSP at its full potential you should be able to play most newer games at least on Medium Quality(ALL set to medium) or high.
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 970 3.7 GHz, GPU: Geforce GTX 550 Ti, Ram: 16 GB, Windows 7 64-bit
Yeah I guess I was trying to give my noteook more credit it than it deserves. It just wasnt designed to play games. I need to build a desktop one of these days.

What do you mean by Medium Quality? is this a setting i can change in the options menu?
(07-13-2011, 07:56 AM)hackoncrack Wrote: Yeah I guess I was trying to give my noteook more credit it than it deserves. It just wasnt designed to play games. I need to build a desktop one of these days.

What do you mean by Medium Quality? is this a setting i can change in the options menu?

No. He/She meant that if you can set your newer PC games at the medium or high quality and you don't suffer any FPS decrease because of it, than you should be able to play games on JPCSP with relatively full speed (it still depends on what PSP game you want to play).
^oh i gotcha, thanks for clarifying
I have an Alienware m15x and start ocean second story runs horrid, havent tested any other games. i cant run almost every game on highest settings, etc i know its not my laptop. is there any way to enhance the way this runs? also, i am using the 64bit version, 32bit wont start for some reason.