This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advance debugging via IDE with JPCSP src
dos 
Hi.
Recently I started to debugging a game to patch and reverse some stuff and the best choice for me was JPCSP. I'm not really happy of the internal debugger that come with the emulator, so I downloaded the source code from the SVN and I edited some functions to get some extra debugging stuff on the log console. I'm here because I can't find the function that offer the memory reading, because I need to log every reading from the RAM with the current offset and the current position of the CPU executing (the PC). I found read32 and memread32, but these doesn't offer me all the reads from the psp emulated memory. I hope that some programmer of the project can reply me.
UP. I really need this thing >.<
(07-13-2011, 10:02 PM)Xeeynamo Wrote: UP. I really need this thing >.<

We don't do THAT here, we're not in some chan. Angry

Try to contact Hykem or gid15 via PM and then wait for a reply
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
(07-14-2011, 12:45 PM)Darth1701 Wrote:
(07-13-2011, 10:02 PM)Xeeynamo Wrote: UP. I really need this thing >.<

We don't do THAT here, we're not in some chan. Angry

Try to contact Hykem or gid15 via PM and then wait for a reply

Thanks for the advice, I'll do it
(07-13-2011, 01:36 AM)Xeeynamo Wrote: Hi.
Recently I started to debugging a game to patch and reverse some stuff and the best choice for me was JPCSP. I'm not really happy of the internal debugger that come with the emulator, so I downloaded the source code from the SVN and I edited some functions to get some extra debugging stuff on the log console. I'm here because I can't find the function that offer the memory reading, because I need to log every reading from the RAM with the current offset and the current position of the CPU executing (the PC). I found read32 and memread32, but these doesn't offer me all the reads from the psp emulated memory. I hope that some programmer of the project can reply me.

Ah, sorry. This is what you're looking for: http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=4391

We already offer a way to log each read/write to RAM by using that special "Memory.mbrk" breakpoint file. It can be used to forcefully pause the emulator at each access or to just print a small string with the offset and data being accessed.
We really need to document this feature properly, since it's quite useful for developers. Undecided
(07-16-2011, 03:32 PM)Hykem Wrote: We already offer a way to log each read/write to RAM by using that special "Memory.mbrk" breakpoint file. It can be used to forcefully pause the emulator at each access or to just print a small string with the offset and data being accessed.
We really need to document this feature properly, since it's quite useful for developers. Undecided
Description now added in README.txt Smile
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(07-20-2011, 06:12 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(07-16-2011, 03:32 PM)Hykem Wrote: We already offer a way to log each read/write to RAM by using that special "Memory.mbrk" breakpoint file. It can be used to forcefully pause the emulator at each access or to just print a small string with the offset and data being accessed.

Great! Big Grin
Thanks gid and welcome back! Wink
(07-20-2011, 06:12 PM)gid15 Wrote:

Thank you so muchBig Grin