This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me get jpsp to work please :)
Hi all, I just downloaded jpsp v0.6 and im running windows 7. I place the metal gear portable ops .cso file in the umd images folder and then i go to load umd and select portable ops but i get nothing, just a black screen Sad

I have been searching for an answer but found nothing. Hopefully someone here can help me.

On a less important note, how do you configure a gamepad, im using my ps3 controller, to use instead of the keyboard. But that doesn't matter until i get this thing running.

Thanks for reading!! Big Grin

edit: just downloaded v0.6 22 2211 for 64 bit and i also installed jre 64 bit and i do the same process and game doesnt load, just black. the test cube umd works though. Does that mean the cso is bad? can cso's only be played on hacked psps and not emu??

another edit: i got metal gear running!! I had to click run too i think and it took forever to load, it was black screen and 2 fps for like 25 seconds then the fps shot up to 10+ and i saw konami screen Big Grin

now it just wont load the motionjoy device driver for my ps3 controller, can anyone help with that?? sorry for bein a noon Blush
ok it doesnt really work, i am getting this error when loading on the command prompt and it appears that there is some kind of video problem:

[Image: Error-1.jpg]

what can i do to use my ps3 controller with motionjoy driver on jpcsp and what will fix that video error?
(07-11-2011, 06:42 PM)hackoncrack Wrote: ok it doesnt really work, i am getting this error when loading on the command prompt and it appears that there is some kind of video problem:

[Image: Error-1.jpg]

what can i do to use my ps3 controller with motionjoy driver on jpcsp and what will fix that video error?

Use the option "Media Engine" for your video problem. (I hope you use Jpcsp 32bit and JRE 32bit =)
[Image: indexkd.jpg] pingutino: Your heart knows the truth Wink
i have the 32 bit and 64 bit version of jpcsp so i can use either one. I didn't select that option in the option menu. I will need to try that when i go home after work in a little bit. Hopefully it fixes the video problem. Thank you pingutino! Smile

Anyone know how to get my motionjoy driver to work so i can use my ps3 controller to play?
ok well i got everything working. I have video and I have portable ops plus japanese version working and playing, slowly might i add. Wink

I tried a few different us versions of portable ops and the game wont load, only the japanese version works, why i wonder?

I also tried to play Peacewalker (yes im a metal gear fan) and the game loads up but freezes on a black screen after the initial screen with graphics. Why are no games working? Or is it just JPCSP is limited to what it can play?
they probably try to do something that still isn't emulated correctly.
yeah, this emulator is very buggy and apparently it is the best one...(sigh)

I just found out about psp emulators and was excited to try it out but so far it is a dissapointment. Is JPCSP a new emulator? Hopefully we get some better builds that dont rely too heavy on processing because i have a fairly fast cpu and it still runs slow.
hey, rome wasn't built in a day. writing emulators takes time, effort and a lot of testing. a year ago it couldn't even decode games and half of the videos, so the progress is awesome.

if you just want to play the games, you should probably stick to a real psp for the time being.
Yeah u r right, look at all the problems Sony had trying to emulate PS2 on PS3 hardware and that's Sony for crying out loud!! The real thing will always beat an emulator. I really only wanted to play the MGS games because I am a fan of the series but I cant bring myself to buy a PSP for only 2 games. I can be patient and hopefully we get a nice build of JPCSP soon.

At least they are going to release Peacewalker in HD for PS3 along with MGS2 and MGS3. And I will be buying that the day it comes out.
(07-13-2011, 11:24 PM)hackoncrack Wrote: Yeah u r right, look at all the problems Sony had trying to emulate PS2 on PS3 hardware and that's Sony for crying out loud!! The real thing will always beat an emulator. I really only wanted to play the MGS games because I am a fan of the series but I cant bring myself to buy a PSP for only 2 games. I can be patient and hopefully we get a nice build of JPCSP soon.

At least they are going to release Peacewalker in HD for PS3 along with MGS2 and MGS3. And I will be buying that the day it comes out.

Are you serious? You sir are a pirate,we won't help you if you download games.Just because you don't want to buy a psp doesn't mean you have to use the emu,you need a psp to play games in jpcsp
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]