This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JPCSP hardly get benefit from higher cpu clock?
Recently upgraded my cpu to i5 2500k, because the i3 530 (4G) i used to have
didn't get me good fps on Tekken 6 and Final Fantasy Type Zero.

Thought i would have seen some change after upgrading a new cpu, but the result is not really encouraging, fps almost same under same setting and same version of jpscp.

so i thought maybe the default 3.3g (maybe abit higher with turbo boost) clock not fast enough then i decided to overclock the 2500k to 4.7G, but weird enough i still don't get any difference of the speed.

so here i like to ask is that jpcsp don't gain benefit of higher clock or is there any other reason behind of this ?? thanks, just curious
i don't think java or jpcsp can really use multiple cores that good (if at all), so it's probably still running off just 1 core.

so your 4 core cpu's probably not much better than a dual core cpu with comparable mhz (or even single core one).
ok, i do understand nowadays software don't really fully utilized multi-core power, so how about the clock rate ?
shouldn't higher clock gain more fps in normal way? this is what i most curious about, thanks again
probably should gain at least some, yeah. the speed can also be capped by graphic card though.
There is no single and simple answer to that question. It depends on the application you are running and which part is the bottleneck: it could be the CPU, or the GPU, or the still incorrect Jpcsp emulation...
If you run the demos/compilerPerf.pbp test application, you will see better results only with a faster CPU. If you run demos/skinning.pbp, you will see better results only with a faster GPU.
It also depends on the options that you selected into the Jpcsp configuration. See the README.txt for more details on these options.
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
yes, i've no clue as well, maybe i should test more game other than those mentioned before.
for gpu part , i got a GTX470 which i overclocked it's core qute high too, 607 to 760.so i'm doubtful the gpu is holding my back
config of jpcsp is exactly the same, now that reminds me i've installed the latest JAVA 7 up2 since i bought a new cpu and mainboard..
okay i guess i will re-install to java 6 and see how does it goes, thanks all for the time

Edit: jave 6, no dice