This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
Worms: Open Warfare 2 - ULUS10260
(03-18-2012, 11:02 AM)gid15 Wrote:
(03-18-2012, 02:22 AM)legend80 Wrote: Also, I noticed a huge speed hit (full speed > half speed) in 3rd Birthday going from r2476 to r2482. Not good. Any ideas what happened there?
Could you post a log file?

Sorry, tried it this morning and saw no differences between the versions, so we're good. I went back and forth yesterday and saw this behavior consistently. I guess it was nothing a computer restart couldn't fix.

The new worms regression (black backgrounds) remains though.
Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.5 ghz. / GeForce GTX 970 / 16 Gig Ram / Win 10
(03-18-2012, 02:22 AM)legend80 Wrote: Anyway, using hardware now (GE to textures on), the "wave" effect is unchanged but now the background is not rendered - it's just black now.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/684/hardwaref.png/

Better with GE to textures off, but now the water is not rendered and that area simply displays the background.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/192/37064884.jpg/
I've improved a feature of hardware rendering in r2483. Could you check it on this game? Please check with both "GE screen to textures" enabled and disabled (different code paths are used).

Thanks!
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(03-18-2012, 07:49 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(03-18-2012, 02:22 AM)legend80 Wrote: Anyway, using hardware now (GE to textures on), the "wave" effect is unchanged but now the background is not rendered - it's just black now.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/684/hardwaref.png/

Better with GE to textures off, but now the water is not rendered and that area simply displays the background.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/192/37064884.jpg/
I've improved a feature of hardware rendering in r2483. Could you check it on this game? Please check with both "GE screen to textures" enabled and disabled (different code paths are used).

Thanks!

"Ge to textures" on - no change (wave animation overlay on land and black backgrounds persists)

"Ge to textures" off = water area is rendered better but suffers some glitches (see screenshot). Correct background is displayed but wave animation overlay on land also present here.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Again new fixes/finding in software rendering in r2485. Any changes? This game seems to be a good test case Smile
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(03-19-2012, 05:03 PM)gid15 Wrote: Again new fixes/finding in software rendering in r2485. Any changes? This game seems to be a good test case Smile

...um... definetely changes...maybe you should just look at the screenshot. Tongue Good test case indeed!

(03-20-2012, 01:45 AM)legend80 Wrote:
(03-19-2012, 05:03 PM)gid15 Wrote: Again new fixes/finding in software rendering in r2485. Any changes? This game seems to be a good test case Smile

...um... definetely changes...maybe you should just look at the screenshot. Tongue Good test case indeed!
New fixes in r2486. Do they help here?
Congrats, you nailed it! All bugs are fixed!

The background is very pixelated but that's probably how it just is. Attached a pic of hardware (old build) and software for comparison just so you can see.

Can't wait to see this in the hardware implementation! Thanks for your time on this!

Do you think the hardware fix will be sooner than later...out of curiosity?
using r 2751
game screen is now upside down

(10-01-2012, 11:48 AM)nash67 Wrote: using r 2751
game screen is now upside down
Rendering problems (s. above) were only solved in software mode. I wonder if "save GE to texture" could also help?