This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
Worms: Open Warfare 2 - ULUS10260
The game works very well and I'd mark it as playable, AFTER a regression is resolved though. There are also some missing sfx (explosions, etc sometime don't play). So there's that and the new bug below.

Anyway, the game has a pretty bad gfx issue that was introduced in r2159. Basically, the water "wave" fb effect is always rendered on half of the screen now, not just the water portion. So the land areas looks like it's underwater. Attached a screenshot but it's hard to see from just that. Anyway, if this regression can be resolved, we have a very playable game on our hands.

Here's the details on the rev.
http://code.google.com/p/jpcsp/source/detail?r=2159

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.5 ghz. / GeForce GTX 970 / 16 Gig Ram / Win 10
Any chance of fixing this regression soon? The game is pretty unplayable like this. Let me know if there's anything I can do or provide to help with this!
(08-18-2011, 12:08 AM)legend80 Wrote: Any chance of fixing this regression soon? The game is pretty unplayable like this. Let me know if there's anything I can do or provide to help with this!

Ah, sorry! I totally overlooked this thread.
I've already identified the bug and I'm already working on a fix. Thanks for reporting this again. Smile
(08-18-2011, 02:40 PM)Hykem Wrote:
(08-18-2011, 12:08 AM)legend80 Wrote: Any chance of fixing this regression soon? The game is pretty unplayable like this. Let me know if there's anything I can do or provide to help with this!

Ah, sorry! I totally overlooked this thread.
I've already identified the bug and I'm already working on a fix. Thanks for reporting this again. Smile

Great news! Thanks for monitoring the boards!
I've found that the regression was in fact introduced by r2167. Apparently, this game needs the non-shader version of the stencil test operation which I've restored as a temporary workaround in r2288 (you can't use the "stencil test" option with this game or the graphics will probably disappear again).
Could you please test it again? Thanks! Smile
Hmmmm, I was sure I narrowed that down properly....anyway, I verified it was fixed in latest revision. Thanks Hykem!

Just posted another new regression. Tongue http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....4#pid21014 Good luck!
Game playable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHMtFWEZm2o
CPU: QuadCore Intel Core i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67GHz;
MB: Gigabyte GA-P55-US3L
RAM: DDR3 6,0GB;
Gfx: ASUS Nvidia GeForse GTS 550Ti @ 1024 MB;
My video channel emuls test.
(08-20-2011, 07:22 PM)Hykem Wrote: I've found that the regression was in fact introduced by r2167. Apparently, this game needs the non-shader version of the stencil test operation which I've restored as a temporary workaround in r2288 (you can't use the "stencil test" option with this game or the graphics will probably disappear again).

The regression is back and I found the exact revision - it was fine in r2322 and broke (again) in r2323. Please see if you can fix that up when you can...it makes me a little sea sick. Blush
(10-09-2011, 02:14 AM)legend80 Wrote:
(08-20-2011, 07:22 PM)Hykem Wrote: I've found that the regression was in fact introduced by r2167. Apparently, this game needs the non-shader version of the stencil test operation which I've restored as a temporary workaround in r2288 (you can't use the "stencil test" option with this game or the graphics will probably disappear again).

The regression is back and I found the exact revision - it was fine in r2322 and broke (again) in r2323. Please see if you can fix that up when you can...it makes me a little sea sick. Blush

Ah yes, sorry about that. Tongue
I'm still trying to sort out the exact functioning of the stencil test for "Worms 2" case. Apparently, this game really needs the depth test handling working properly. Undecided
Any update on this regression by chance? I've tried messing around with settings quite a bit but no matter what I try the bug persist - the whole screen has a constant wave motion.

To sum up issue histroy: Issue first appeared in r2167 - fixed in r2288 - broke again in r2323 - issue present in all revisions after that.

Please try to take a look at this when you can! Thanks!