This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please address the stencil test issue
hopefully this doesn't get anyone upset but i would like to request that the stencil test bug be addressed that is causing the trash graphics in final fantasy IV the complete collection. I'll attach a screenshot of jpcsp but from what i've read in the forum posts regarding ff4 the reason this is happening is due to some kind of bug or glitch dealing with the stencil test option in the configuration settings on jpcsp. again i hope i don't upset anyone with this but i feel its something that needs to be addressed or at least looked into and fixed. thanks.

(06-26-2011, 05:07 PM)mordaki987 Wrote: hopefully this doesn't get anyone upset but i would like to request that the stencil test bug be addressed that is causing the trash graphics in final fantasy IV the complete collection. I'll attach a screenshot of jpcsp but from what i've read in the forum posts regarding ff4 the reason this is happening is due to some kind of bug or glitch dealing with the stencil test option in the configuration settings on jpcsp. again i hope i don't upset anyone with this but i feel its something that needs to be addressed or at least looked into and fixed. thanks.

Why don't you just turn this off then? How is this a fix asap issue?
Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.5 ghz. / GeForce GTX 970 / 16 Gig Ram / Win 10
excuse me this is an issue not for me but for a lot of us. i can't play the game anymore. none of the recommended configurations in the final fantasy IV the complete collection work for me they either give me nothing but a black screen or cause jpcsp not to work period. the settings i was using worked for me and now as you can see from the attached screenshot that is the result and it is because and has been found out there is a bug or glitch that needs to be fixed that deals with the stencil test option in configuration that seems to be the cause of what is occuring with the screenshot i provided1 is that something that should not be addressed or fixed or is it going to be treated like oops your shit out of luck people we aint fixing such a small issue.

(06-26-2011, 07:08 PM)legend80 Wrote:
(06-26-2011, 05:07 PM)mordaki987 Wrote: hopefully this doesn't get anyone upset but i would like to request that the stencil test bug be addressed that is causing the trash graphics in final fantasy IV the complete collection. I'll attach a screenshot of jpcsp but from what i've read in the forum posts regarding ff4 the reason this is happening is due to some kind of bug or glitch dealing with the stencil test option in the configuration settings on jpcsp. again i hope i don't upset anyone with this but i feel its something that needs to be addressed or at least looked into and fixed. thanks.

Why don't you just turn this off then? How is this a fix asap issue?
it will be fixed sooner or later, I'm sure the devs are busy with life and other issues as-well , also I think right now the priority is getting the fullscreen working with correct aspect ratio and borders support.
Could you add a log file at INFO level?
Do you have an ATI/AMD graphic card? Can someone reproduce this issue with an NVIDIA? From the screenshot, it looks like a driver problem...
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
I also get it with a nvidia card, I did upgrade my drivers recently though to 275.50.
btw this bug only shows up when the stencil option is checked.,

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.rar   log.rar (Size: 5.08 KB / Downloads: 84)
Nvidia user here, and I want to report that the bug occurs on my end too. However, I think the problem seems to be incompatibility between the Saving GE to Textures option and the Stencil Test/Color Mask options. If Saving GE to Textures is not enabled, it works fine even with Stencil Test and/or Color Mask on. However, if Saving GE to Textures is enabled, then the bug occurs when either Stencil Test or Color Mask or both options are enabled. If both Stencil Test and Color Mask are disabled, then the bug does not occur when Saving GE to Textures is enabled.

I've attached DEBUG logs for the game with Saving GE to Textures on and off which hopefully will be useful. Sorry for the somewhat large size.

Attached Files
.zip   log.zip (Size: 259.8 KB / Downloads: 74)