This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Aspect Ratio for Full Screen mode
Some users seem to be confused because the Full Screen mode is keeping the PSP aspect ratio.
This has the effect of leaving some parts of the screen unused when the computer screen resolution has not the same aspect ratio as a PSP.

E.g., with a resolution of 1280x1024, Jpcsp can only use 1280x725 in full screen mode while keeping the PSP aspect ratio.

What are your expectations for the full screen feature?
- do not keep the aspect ratio, i.e. distort the image to fit the full screen. In the above example, this would vertically stretch the image by 40% (725 -> 1024), which would probably be very ugly.
- have an option to choose between keeping or not the aspect ratio
- keep the aspect ratio but hide the unused parts of the screen or center the image
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
I say keep the aspect ratio and center the screen.
for example on a 1280x1024 screen. instead of the missing part at the bottom, center the screen so that there will be equal missing part at the top and bottom.
then hide the missing parts (black bars). That will make it look very nice. and I agree stretching the image would make it look very ugly. especially on a 1280x1024 screen.
Thank you and keep up the great work.
I agree, letterboxing would probably work best and be most familiar to users.
have an option to choose between keeping or not the aspect ratio , yeap!!
One good option Fullscreen aspect ratio the ON or OFF if possible like the person enable o disable this option
[Image: 1388267.png]
(06-24-2011, 09:13 AM)gid15 Wrote: Some users seem to be confused because the Full Screen mode is keeping the PSP aspect ratio.
This has the effect of leaving some parts of the screen unused when the computer screen resolution has not the same aspect ratio as a PSP.

E.g., with a resolution of 1280x1024, Jpcsp can only use 1280x725 in full screen mode while keeping the PSP aspect ratio.

What are your expectations for the full screen feature?
- do not keep the aspect ratio, i.e. distort the image to fit the full screen. In the above example, this would vertically stretch the image by 40% (725 -> 1024), which would probably be very ugly.
- have an option to choose between keeping or not the aspect ratio
- keep the aspect ratio but hide the unused parts of the screen or center the image

This 3 options can be in fact only one in the config. You could have only the option to "Streetch Screen", while without this option marked, the screen could be centered and with the unused parts hided like every other emu. ^^
i think having an option would be the best.

psp's aspect ratio is close to 16:9 (for complete 16:9 it'd have to be 483x272 rather than 480x272), so it'd look just fine if fully stretched on my screen (it'd probably end as 1920x1088 so the 8 pixels would have to be squished), but would look pretty bad on different aspect ratios.
"keep the aspect ratio but hide the unused parts of the screen or center the image"

Center, keep ratio, black bars for rest of screen.

More options would be nice but this should be done at a minimum.
Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.5 ghz. / GeForce GTX 970 / 16 Gig Ram / Win 10
OK, I will have a look to center the full screen image and hide the non-used area. But this will not change the Jpcsp display quality, just move the exiting image a few pixels down and hide the background.

BTW, you can achieve the same effect by taping a black sheet of paper on your screen to hide those parts... making your own Jpcsp patch without having to program a single line Wink

Thanks for your feedback!
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(06-24-2011, 08:47 PM)gid15 Wrote: BTW, you can achieve the same effect by taping a black sheet of paper on your screen to hide those parts... making your own Jpcsp patch without having to program a single line Wink

I kid you not....I was going to try that soon. Blush

What can I say, I likey the full screen immersion.
Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.5 ghz. / GeForce GTX 970 / 16 Gig Ram / Win 10