This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Regarding resolutions
You have to use one of the following options combined to the resizing or full screen to have graphics in a higher resolution:
- only GE graphics
- Enable saving GE screen to Texture instead of Memory

Otherwise, the PSP screen is saved to PSP memory at PSP resolution and you get only an upscaled (pixelated) version of the PSP resolution. To enjoy graphics having a higher resolution than the PSP, you have to use an option not storing the screen to the PSP memory (i.e. one of the above 2 options).

Using these options might however cause compatibility problems with some games (being it resized/fullscreen or not).
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
Thank you. Now it's working, at least for FFCC. Dragoneers Aria is still blurry low-res. Anyway, I'm very satisfied.
(06-30-2011, 04:11 PM)gid15 Wrote: You have to use one of the following options combined to the resizing or full screen to have graphics in a higher resolution:
- only GE graphics
- Enable saving GE screen to Texture instead of Memory

Otherwise, the PSP screen is saved to PSP memory at PSP resolution and you get only an upscaled (pixelated) version of the PSP resolution. To enjoy graphics having a higher resolution than the PSP, you have to use an option not storing the screen to the PSP memory (i.e. one of the above 2 options).

Using these options might however cause compatibility problems with some games (being it resized/fullscreen or not).

Sweet, ok, we finally got it! Take a look!

It does (as in most games) cause bad flickering with menu screens. Also,
once I press START ingame (which displays/stores in image of the scene in fb), the pause menu background is just black, and then once back ingame, it's low-res. It now stays this way indefinetly. Sad

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.5 ghz. / GeForce GTX 970 / 16 Gig Ram / Win 10
I got problems with this, display resolution is broken? cuz no matter whicn resolution i choose it alwasy goes black screen whenever i launch jpcsp, so you guys say the best way is to have GE options in Video + Resize ? there is nothing to do with the internal resolution for now ?
(07-01-2011, 03:21 AM)iOmega ~ Wrote: I got problems with this, display resolution is broken? cuz no matter whicn resolution i choose it alwasy goes black screen whenever i launch jpcsp, so you guys say the best way is to have GE options in Video + Resize ? there is nothing to do with the internal resolution for now ?

Yeah, I don't even bother with the res stuff - it's broken and I don't see what it evens offers at this point. I'm certainly not playing at "native" to get upresing like this.
Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.5 ghz. / GeForce GTX 970 / 16 Gig Ram / Win 10
well, i put Enabling saving GE and resize it, didnt do the resolution stuff, it just native, so now Dissidia 012 looks great!
Could someone with large number of games open a thread with the list of games that work in high-res? I have only 4 games, and only one works, so I'm not suitable for that task.